Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope your weather is better than most right now, would hate to have to build outside with winter moving in. Yes, I'm in Georgia, but i'm such a wimp when it comes to outdoor projects in the cold.

It makes me so mad when people, especially those who have had chickens, talk about how nasty and dirty they are. I'll admit they don't mind walking thru fresh poop….but I loved to do it too when I was a child..
gig.gif
Most fun barefooted.

But an odd thing is some of those folks not only don't keep the chicken coop clean, but don't bathe infrequently and don't own a toothbrush !
sickbyc.gif

Your plans look great.
Sometimes, it's preferable to build in the cold than the heat. We are building a house and the carpenters said they'd rather be building in cold weather than the summer. Of course they didn't show up yesterday. But that probably has more to do with the fact that the contractor, my father-in-law, is out of town; not the weather.

As for chickens being nasty, they must have kept them in an area too small. ANY animal that isn't given enough room to get away from their own feces will walk through it. One reason why I hate dog lots. Six by six fenced in area and no where to go. I feel so sorry for them. MY chickens have a 22 by 40 ft run and it is fairly clean without me actively working to keep it that way.

Sometimes, it's preferable to build in the cold than the heat. We are building a house and the carpenters said they'd rather be building in cold weather than the summer. Of course they didn't show up yesterday. But that probably has more to do with the fact that the contractor, my father-in-law, is out of town; not the weather.

As for chickens being nasty, they must have kept them in an area too small. ANY animal that isn't given enough room to get away from their own feces will walk through it. One reason why I hate dog lots. Six by six fenced in area and no where to go. I feel so sorry for them. MY chickens have a 22 by 40 ft run and it is fairly clean without me actively working to keep it that way.
Oh, carpenters…that's a different story. Let them freeze, and you can oversee from a window…that's my kinda project..
thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom