Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
now i have a t-shirt, it's really for the support of the Post Office... it reads "You want it? You gotta ZIP it! meaning a zip code, but maybe if I wear it 'round my future egg customers they will interpret it as "you want my eggs? put a zip on the lip and don't bother me with nonsense... lol

I have a large fenced in yard that covers almost an acre where my chickens free range during the day. There are very few grasshoppers and no ticks/chiggers. I hate grasshoppers. And it's amazing what a difference there is in their population inside the fence and their population outside the fence...I can't hardly walk to my carport without a barrage of them going for my face, but inside the fence...now that's my happy place
smile.png

I have a large fenced in yard that covers almost an acre where my chickens free range during the day. There are very few grasshoppers and no ticks/chiggers. I hate grasshoppers. And it's amazing what a difference there is in their population inside the fence and their population outside the fence...I can't hardly walk to my carport without a barrage of them going for my face, but inside the fence...now that's my happy place
smile.png

Love it
gig.gif

We have a small pasture that we don't mow right next to our yard. The chickens love to run out there, catch 1 grasshopper, run back to the yard, and be chased by everyone else. They have never realized that no one chases them for bugs out there. Oh, well though, it's more fun to watch them in the yard anyways...

someone told me " a rooster doesnt make the babies , you have to feed them certain feed"¿! lmao
sad thing is these people have chickens! smh!
I'm sure that if my husband were to go away for an extended time and I ended up pregnant while he was gone, that if I tried to tell him it was due to the food I was eating...HA!
th.gif
I can imagine that would go over real well!
smack.gif

That one might just be the silliest one yet!
gig.gif

I was wanting to market eggs to the customers of an independent (not a chain) gym in a small town. I thought that would be a good market for the eggs because of health-conscious customers wanting a high-protein product like free-range eggs.

So I briefly described the farm to the owner.

She basically freaked out when I mentioned that there are a few cows in addition to the chickens, and that the chickens run in the same area that the cows do.

She said she wouldn't eat our eggs because the chickens had probably pecked in the cow pies!! As if commercial chickens don't occasionally get into chicken p*op....

By the way, yes they do peck in cow pies....because there are often dung beetles inside the cow pies! But the chicken's body has an amazing immune system etc. that cleans up any trace of "cow pie" before the egg is even laid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom