Dumbest Things People Have Said About Your Chickens/Eggs/Meat

Status
Not open for further replies.
"How the **** do the eggs get inside of the chickens?"

Um... Where? Not sure where that was miss-written, LOL, But I'm afraid once out, it ain't goin back! :lol:

furbabymum, you'll be fine soon ;). I really loved being pregnant! Such a fun time in life! I say good bye for a year to my eldest tomorrow, I'll be crying! Though Skype is awesome, she still hasn't gotten internet or a phone set up, ugh! Man, those years go by fast, try to enjoy as much as possible! :hugs

Last edited:

Naw ... nobody said that ... *did* they?

Do people go to school? Are they conscious in class? Surely, they heard a few things in elementary school, like cows eat grass and chew their cud (are ruminators, for those of us who actually listened); chickens lay eggs; cows are large animals, not the size of dogs? Didn't they see books about farm animals, or sing Old MacDonald Had a Farm? How about Sesame Street ... did they ever watch that?

Or, did Scotty beam some of them down from the Planet Ork? nanu nanu

Sheesh.

Last edited:

Do people go to school? Are they conscious in class? Surely, they heard a few things in elementary school, like cows eat grass and chew their cud (are ruminators, for those of us who actually listened); chickens lay eggs; cows are large animals, not the size of dogs? Didn't they see books about farm animals, or sing Old MacDonald Had a Farm? How about Sesame Street ... did they ever watch that?

Or, did Scotty beam some of them down from the Planet Ork?    nanu nanu

Sheesh.

I'm gonna go with planet ork......lol

Do people go to school? Are they conscious in class? Surely, they heard a few things in elementary school, like cows eat grass and chew their cud (are ruminators, for those of us who actually listened); chickens lay eggs; cows are large animals, not the size of dogs? Didn't they see books about farm animals, or sing Old MacDonald Had a Farm? How about Sesame Street ... did they ever watch that?

Or, did Scotty beam some of them down from the Planet Ork? nanu nanu

Sheesh.
They never reviewed anything like this where I went to school I figured they where in a hen like a female human or other mamal or that species equivalent plumbing system.

Oldie but a goodie:

So, how does it work? You know, getting eggs without a rooster?

Favorite reply:

Do you need a husband to have your cycle? OR Does your wife need you to have her cycle every month?

The looks on their faces as they go from puzzled to understanding to rethinking whether they will ever eat eggs again amuses me every time.

They never reviewed anything like this where I went to school I figured they where in a hen like a female human or other mamal or that species equivalent plumbing system.

My kids grew up in the suburbs, but managed to learn this stuff. Granted, they have been learning specifics about chickens with me, but they knew the basics, like eggs come from chickens, food comes from farms not grocery stores, cows eat grass not corn, etc.

So my latest conundrum comes from a customer who's purchased eggs from us a few time...

It seems our eggs are not agreeing with her stomach. And as a Vegan she's looking for Vegan eggs, vegan eggs!

No idea where her food comes from, hate that... she obviously needs a good helping of steak & eggs.

So my latest conundrum comes from a customer who's purchased eggs from us a few time...

It seems our eggs are not agreeing with her stomach. And as a Vegan she's looking for Vegan eggs, vegan eggs!

No idea where her food comes from, hate that... she obviously needs a good helping of steak & eggs.

Mmmmmm....Steak and eggs......I'd just go with the vegetarian chicken thing, and tell her all your chickens are vegans (like they'd ever lol).......That might actually be interesting to see her response lol

Oh, not my chickens personally, the people that I sold them to, thought they would automatically go in a litter box like a cat. ACK!

I think it is always important to tell people how to handle these little cuties correctly, even how to hold them- You just cant pick up a new chick and cuddle squish it to your face like a puppy!!! Sad how many try and completely forget that these animals are BIRDS and do not act like CATS!

Her poor stomach probably isn't used to digesting "real" food. lol

We haven't had a lot of bugs this year due to drought so I'd tell her my chickens were vegan. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom