Dumped dog--I hate people!!!!

You wanna know what really sucks. We pick up pups dumped on the side of the road all the time. I even got 3 pups and the mom. Pups in a box and her unwilling to leave them. It took me less than an hour at feeders supply to find them homes. Including making people sign contracts and handing over their contact information so I can check on them. Less than an hour. They probably spent that much time driving into the country to dump the dogs. The last 3 pups we got of the side of the road all it took was my husband mentioning them at work and the dogs had a home. His boss had similar luck with one abandoned when people moved. Its pathetic how easily we have found homes and yet people want to take no effort at all to fulfill their responsibility.

Yea I know what you mean, 4 kittens and a 4 week old puppy (near death in 103 degree heat, not old enough to leave momma and covered with sarcoptic mange) $111.00 vet costs later she has her hair back and 2 rounds of shots . She looks to be a rottweiler/shepherd cross. Very sweet and smart girl. DH named her Angel ( God sent ) he is convinced she will save our life one day. Glad she came into our lives.

Micah

A mere three hours ago, my one and only set of neighbors foolishly allowed their dog to get loose again. Yes, again.. This dog is half Wolf, half Husky. A mean dog that has (as far as I can tell) spent it's whole life on a chain to perhaps spit out a couple litters of $10.00 puppies per year, impregnated by God only knows what kind of canine or coyote may be next out here in the woods. No medical care, no spaying, no vaccines, NOTHING. Every single time that dog gets loose, where does it come? Yeah, right up my hill to antagonize my animals. Today, it stalked my chickens all the way around the fence line before I knew it was out there. One of my dearest hens got spooked, and even with her wings clipped, she was able to get just enough height to go over their free range fenced area to be on the unprotected side.

I was no match for that dog. Before I could even get one foot on the ground, she'd come around the corner of the fence after corralling them and bit down on my beautiful baby girl while she was in mid air flight. That dog from Hell tore her up right in front of me. I am sitting here cradling her as I type, crying over my dead hen, "Tic". All this while, 3 hours mind you all, no one from down there has come to say anything to me about this murder, they've not called with an apology, NOTHING! One of their kids caught the darn dog and took it home, with me yelling like a lunatic that I would shoot it the next time it came up here. I am already a recluse of sorts. I HATE people anymore and have been this way for a few years now. I don't work any more, so I don't have to put up with BS from anyone. Yet, way out here in the country, I have buttholes who constantly intrude into my life in one way or the other.

I'm sorry, but please excuse me now while I blow my nose and go out and get my shovel so I can properly bury my dearest "Tic". I'm so angry that I could really do someone severe damage right now. Perhaps it's a good thing that I'm being left alone, huh?
idunno.gif
:idunno

By the way, my profile picture that you all see is a photo of "Tic" three short months ago..... Her bestest buddies "Tac" and "Toe" are extremely traumatized as well.

Quote:
hugs.gif
Oh my that's horrible!! Can you call the authorities and tell them the situation? Maybe they can remove the dog. I'd still shoot it if it's on your property again. It's not the dog's fault. It's the owner's fault but you have a right to protect your property. She was a beautiful bird and I know she'll be missed dearly.
hugs.gif

Quote:
Me too, she was a really pretty hen. I was just thinking how sweet she looked when I read another of your posts today. I just don't understand why people keep animals that they can't control. This shouldn't have happened to her.

We've had a 7 dogs and a TON of cats dropped off here through the mere 4 years we've been here. Before we were financially stable enough to start getting the momma kitties spayed, we were up to 18 cats.
barnie.gif

As I was leaving for work a few months ago, I tossed a bag of trash on the trunk of the car to toss in the can at the bottom of the driveway. When I opened up the lid and tossed the bag in, the can squealed. I grabbed my flashlight out of my purse and lifted the bag out - carefully - LOL - to see 4 puppies staring back up at me from the bottom of my garbage can. I was FURIOUS. What if I hadn't had any trash and the garbage truck came around and just picked up our can and dumped the puppies in the compactor? We found homes for 3 and kept one, but it's just ridiculous what people will do.

We just had a momma kitty dumped a couple weeks ago. She's friendly, and just had 2 kittens, but still, more mouths to feed, homes to find, frustrating. The other female that showed up a couple months ago dropped 6 kittens. They're about weaned, and I've got homes for the 4 females, the males we'll keep and neuter.

We're the farm on the dirt road out in the middle of no where that must have an invisible beacon for dirtbags. We get all the drop offs. Even a cat duct taped into a Pampers box. We had her 2 days and she dropped 7 kittens. I could go on and on.

I'd like to find those people and dump them out in the middle of some foreign country with no resources or idea where they are. Then, ask them how they feel.

Poor dog. Good luck. We feel your pain.

Blessings-
Em

Back
Top Bottom