Dunlap Hatchery EEs- tell me it’s not red leakage

Holdthechicken

Songster
Mar 11, 2023
My dad ordered 28 Ameraucanas from Dunlap Hatchery and allowed me to cherry pic 3 that I wanted for my much smaller flock .. but when I got home and looked into Dunlap (cause I had my suspicions) and read their description for Ameraucana, they refer to them as EEs.

So is this chick exhibiting red leakage or is this a feather pattern?

This is not to bash Dunlap, these are easily the healthiest chicks I’ve had all year. They shipped 84 to my dad and they were all healthy and thriving and he only lost one due to a late diagnoses of splay leg but caution to the wind their Ameraucanas are EEs.

Appreciate any input!

Attachments

• IMG_5983.jpeg
    IMG_5983.jpeg
    622.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_5987.jpeg
    IMG_5987.jpeg
    384.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5992.jpeg
    IMG_5992.jpeg
    621.4 KB · Views: 36
Oh yes, I 100% agree they are EEs, but does this chick look like it’s already displaying male pattern “red leakage” on the wings?

I ask cause while they are Sexed as pullets, I’m aware there is a margin of error and I’ve already got two cockerels on my hands from earlier broods lol.

Sorry if my question wasn’t clear in the initial post.
It just looks like the feather pattern. The male leakage is usually a more rust color, and that typically comes in at around 8 weeks old.

Not 8 weeks yet, but looking and acting more dude-ish every day.. also pretty “rusty”. Does my little Kronk look like a cockerel to you?
The comb and wattles doesn't look very cockish, and the overall pattern is pretty uniform. Right now I'm going to say pullet, but post some more pictures at 10-12 weeks. If it's a cockerel there should be more comb development by then.

It just looks like the feather pattern. The male leakage is usually a more rust color, and that typically comes in at around 8 weeks old.
Thanks, I’m just checking because while I have the privilege of just swapping out any cockerels for confirmed pullets, I realize the older they get the more complicated it can become to integrate.

I appreciate your help! These will be our first Easter eggers and we are excited to have them!

Back
Top Bottom