Duramycin for WORMS...HUH???!!!

Doramectin is a potent de-wormer and will also kill some lice and mites.

It is of the same class as ivermectin.

It is not approved for poultry use nor is it approved for use in milk herds.

Last edited:
Quote:
is that the one you put on the back of the chicken?

Some might, I won't.

It is not approved for use on poultry and that makes such use a federal crime.

Quote:

Some might, I won't.

ohh yea i read up on that stuff before.

Unfortunately, there is only one wormer that I know of that is approved for poultry, Wazine, and it only gets roundworms. Almost every antibiotic used and every wormer used with chickens is off-label. The reason? The FDA doesn't care about backyard flocks, they are focused on commercial poultry. Since most of those never leave cages and don't live long enough to even get sick, there was no need in their mind to test things for poultry. So, you either use off-label or cull your bird. I'm all for culling for anything respiratory, but I will use a wormer if need be. Never used Wazine personally because I'd rather do a broad spectrum one, but that's just me.

Quote:

Some might, I won't.

I believe you overstated it. It is an off lable use. If you raise poultry commercially, then do not use it on birds that will enter the commercial meat or egg supply. Using it on a backyard flock that does not enter the commercial market is not a crime.

Quote:
Some might, I won't.

I believe you overstated it. It is an off lable use. If you raise poultry commercially, then do not use it on birds that will enter the commercial meat or egg supply. Using it on a backyard flock that does not enter the commercial market is not a crime.

Off label use is specifically not allowed, the only legal use of a pesticide is that which is disclosed on the label.

Even if the active ingredient on your bottle of xyz pesticide is abc and xyz is labeled for control of backyard residing slugs but rty pesticide with the same active ingredient abc is labeled for control of front yard residing slugs, you best not use either one for both.

Back
Top Bottom