Dust smothered chick - Help!

RunnerChick4

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 20, 2014
My daughter dumped the entire dust bath on our 3.5 week old pullet. The dust bath contained oak ash and a sprinkle of food grade dichotomous earth. We've dusted off what we can.

The chick is extremely lethargic and will not eat or drink unprompted. She is usually the first to perch on our arm. Now she isn't taking any notice of us.

What can I do?

My daughter dumped the entire dust bath on our 3.5 week old pullet. The dust bath contained oak ash and a sprinkle of food grade dichotomous earth. We've dusted off what we can.

The chick is extremely lethargic and will not eat or drink unprompted. She is usually the first to perch on our arm. Now she isn't taking any notice of us.

What can I do?
I would bathe off what I could, without stressing her out, and then make sure she's getting plenty of fluids with electrolytes.

That's just what I would do, I hope you get more replies.

Than

What can

Thanks for the help! This is our first flock, and it's been a learning process.

I cleared her nostrils with saline solution and gave her some electrolytes. She still seems a little lethargic, but she's tagging along with the rest of the flock now. :)

Back
Top Bottom