Dusting "hut"?

I have to recharge some batteries, but I will try to catch the dusting parties in the next day or two.

Quote:
ARE THEY NOT IN AN ENCLOSED RUN?

Oh, sorry, I didn't see your question before: they were in runs, basically hardware cloth bent into a tunnel with their cage butted up to it, I still can't figure out how the hawk got to them. My husband thinks perhaps the hawk was heavy enough to get up on the run and smoosh it down enough to make a gap. I don't see any evidence of that. I have no idea how the hawk did it, but I caught him sitting on one cage, obviously taking a break from his attack, peering in at the bloodied quail. puzzling.

I have Button Quail and I bought a plastic shoe box for $1 and took a 2inch holesaw that goes on a drill and drilled a 2 inch hole they use it for baths and to bed down in at night This seems to be a great idea for all Quail.

ChicksDigit, that might work. I have a parakeet cup for now mounted on the wire. It doesn't have to go in one of the entrances. I can put it anywhere. By putting it up a bit higher, I have reduced the mess. They have to stretch a bit to get to the bottom of the cup so Snowball can't throw it everywhere
tongue.png

Another thing you could do so you can continue to watch is purchase some acrylic and make a top and 3 sides leaving on side open. Use hot glue or silicone to assemble and still get your laughs.

No matter how enclosed the dust pan is, they eventually walk out and shake off.

This is very true, but the chinchilla hut is cutting down on the number of times I have to add more sand. I say it was well worth the investment.​

Quote:
This is very true, but the chinchilla hut is cutting down on the number of times I have to add more sand. I say it was well worth the investment.

Not knocking your chinchilla hut. I'm just saying that some sand will wind up everywhere.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom