1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Dutch Bantam

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by willowbranchfarm, Oct 5, 2011.

1. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    You're welcome buddy and I'm glad to be of help.

2. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    [​IMG] Buddy LOL! Thanks:hugs

3. quadchick77

quadchick77 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2012
    Tecumseh, Kansas
    We have Dutch as well! Love em they are so pretty and show well.

4. mmi 45

mmi 45 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 2, 2012
    looking 4 a good hatchery

5. franciscreek

franciscreek Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2011
    Northern California
    there are several good breeders on here, I would get birds from one of them before you order from a hatchery. The quailty is much better than the hatchery birds.

6. dainironfoot

dainironfoot Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2010
    woodburn, Oregon
    Good luck getting ahold of a breeder on here, they are few and far between. There are some here but they never seem to have birds. I finally got my first pair after searching incessantly for nearly a year, the hatchery birds always seemed to be OEG crosses. Try gabbysworldofchickens. She has some great ones but I believe they are all gone for the year, but you can try. Wish you the best of luck.

7. franciscreek

Jan 10, 2011
    Northern California
    mmi45,

let me know what variety you are looking for and i will point you in the right direction

Franciscreek

8. quadchick77

Jan 27, 2012
    Tecumseh, Kansas
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Some of our Dutch. Will sell hatching eggs when they start up laying again. Would be interested in some white or black dutch

9. franciscreek

Jan 10, 2011
    Northern California
    We dont see many nice white or black here on the west coast. There are very nice light brown, cream light, blue cream light brown and a few millie's. Quality wise the various light brown varieties are consistently the best. The PPBA show is this month, i will look and see if there are any nice white or blacks.

10. quadchick77

Jan 27, 2012
    Tecumseh, Kansas
    That would be great! My partner used to show Dutch and got out of them due to a catastrophy some years back. We have just gotten back into them and are looking for some nice birds and want higher quality than that what we are seeing in the hatchery birds. We want to get back into the show circuit with them but need better birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by