Dutch Bantams Breed Thread

Pics
hi henk
It was a feed store chick and up until she went broody yesterday I thought she was a splash andalusian banty, her color isn't what I was concerned anout just the breed, the pic was taken early in the morning. I'm new to chickens this year what do you mean by melanized? she is slightly darker on most of her body then her chest, how do you tell the difference between blue and silver or lavender?

heres a pic in daylight, you can see her coloring better.
55544_2010-08-26_072550.jpg

Anyone have any opinions on these birds? Hatched late May...bclb cockerel and pullet trio and a clb pullet to complete the quad...They are still a little standoffish after their long trip from over on the other side of the Mountains, but they will be ready by next spring....
20580_031.jpg

20580_045.jpg

forgive my horrible photography skills.

relics~

I know absolutely nothing about these birds but I can say this..........They are beautiful, I love their colors! That blue is to die for!
love.gif

My daughter has been taken with Dutch Bantams. We are looking for Dutch Bantam breeders who are raising quality birds. Hoping to find show quality pair or trio rather than starting with chicks and taking our chances. We love their temperments and they are so cute. Any good breeders out there? We are willing to ship in or travel.

Back
Top Bottom