Dutch Bantams Breed Thread

Pics
Hi i bought these two young girls last week and after searching online i believe they may be Dutch Bantams they are quite small and fly very high! What do you guys think?

Hi i bought these two young girls last week and after searching online i believe they may be Dutch Bantams they are quite small and fly very high! What do you guys think?

Nope, those are not Dutch Bantams. They don't fit a recognized Dutch Bantam color variety or body shape and don't have the required blue slate legs. They look like they're game breed mixes. It is possible they could be Dutch Bantam mixes, but that breed is rather rare while game breeds like Old English Game are quite common.

Nope, those are not Dutch Bantams. They don't fit a recognized Dutch Bantam color variety or body shape and don't have the required blue slate legs. They look like they're game breed mixes. It is possible they could be Dutch Bantam mixes, but that breed is rather rare while game breeds like Old English Game are quite common.
x2

Thanks for the info! Im new to chickens and we dont mind what breed they are just curious. I called the shop they came from and he said they are "ninas". A quick google search brought me no results. Oh well never mind wish they didnt fly so high though having to net the top of their pen today
1f602.png
thanks again

Hi everyone,
If I post a question here and I'm following the tread will I get an E-mail saying I have recieved an answer?

I am desperatly searching for at least one other Dutch Bantam to be a friend/partner to my widowed Dutch named Pearl. She is so very sweet but clearly so lonely. She can't be with my other hens as they turned on her when she bacame a widow. I will take 1 hen or 6 I just want her to have a flock. I would take a rooster if he was as mild as Pearl's former partner but I am unsure of how agressive the breeds roosters are. I rescued the 2 Dutch Bantams I had so I didn't purchase them or research the breed. I don't breed my hens but I will if it's the only way I can get someone to help me out.

Someone please help or at least shoot me an answer so I know I am seen. Thank you all.

I am desperatly searching for at least one other Dutch Bantam to be a friend/partner to my widowed Dutch named Pearl. She is so very sweet but clearly so lonely. She can't be with my other hens as they turned on her when she bacame a widow. I will take 1 hen or 6 I just want her to have a flock. I would take a rooster if he was as mild as Pearl's former partner but I am unsure of how agressive the breeds roosters are. I rescued the 2 Dutch Bantams I had so I didn't purchase them or research the breed. I don't breed my hens but I will if it's the only way I can get someone to help me out.

Someone please help or at least shoot me an answer so I know I am seen. Thank you all.

A location would help.

Oh so silly, very sorry for that. Western MA. USA, 01075 Pearl lives in a large heated area all winter

Well, if your little hen is a match for the rooster you lost (the one pictured?), she is NOT Dutch. The rooster is a mix, as he has a rose comb and yet has feathered legs--nothing like a DUTCH. You cannot find another rooster like that in breeder lists. For fun and pet ask for a Silver Duckwing Rosecomb cockerel or rooster. You will have lovely offspring that will be a joy to have for eggs and pets, but NOT a Bantam Breed. That doesn't matter a bit, for just keeping enjoyable bantams! Good luck. '

Gee, no the picture I use as an avatar is of my full size chicken's rooster 'Rocco' he's a great protector and also mean as a snake, I just thought it was a good picture the day I signed on to this site.

My Dutch Bantam is not only in a seperate field, but in the winter she is housed. Rocco NEVER gets near her. My Pearl is light brown Dutch Bantam and the male was a Golden he was beautiful. I was relying on an older farmer for info on them he used to raise and breed them when he was a child on his fathers farm. He also has passed away but he was very sure my Pearl was a Dutch Bantam. I had been calling her a Sebright and he (my farmer friend) was very sure the two were Dutch Bantams he showed me tons of pictures

I adopted these guys at the shelter...i think (guessing) they are dutch. But i have no idea. Can someone help?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom