Dutch Bantams Breed Thread

Pics
I love these birds! I only have a pair now, and I'm looking forward to isabel light brown or whatever you want to call it... after the blacks.
big_smile.png

The rooster, who is named The Flying Dutchman, has a comb so large it can barely hold itself up. The hen, who is named Laura, has a family history of teeny little combs, so I hope they'll balance each other out and give me a few ones with proper size. They are both incredibly sweet little birds--the first day I got TFD, I carried him across the show building to an empty cage and he fell asleep in my hand.
52339_102_0151.jpg

52339_102_1274.jpg

52339_102_1273.jpg

Aie, they're really hard to get pictures of. They absolutely won't hold still for three seconds, active little things.

my little sisters birthday is in march and she has been looking for a dutch bantam breeder and hasnt been able to find one. dutch bantams are her favorite breed, she got 4 from a hatchery and loves them! she shows them in 4h and does pretty good but since we are starting bigger shows in our area i would love to get her some eggs for her birthday. she really likes the wheaten color. no whites. but otherwise any color will do. right now she has a little wheaten roo and 3 bbreds. please pm me if you would have some dutch bantam eggs availible in march. thank you in advance
big_smile.png

106460_dutch_roo.jpg

106460_dutch_hen.jpg

These are my new Dutch's! Theres another hen in there just not in the pic. I know the comb on this hen is not so great but the other hen looks exactly the same but with much better comb and a little smaller(just 1 or 2oz difference)
SQ or PQ??? Thanks

Last edited:
Quote:
haha:clap I just watched the video. He has a good crow compared to some other bantam roos ive heard. He does the whol cock-a-doodle-doo as apposed to the doodle doo my dutch does. He seems like a good find. Good for you:thumbsup Im sure he would do great with a bantam hen. And just my opinion, if your not planning on breeding pures for genetics or to show I would recommend getting any bantam you think is pretty. There are lotssss of breeds to choose from and it may be difficult to find one exactly like him.

Keeping the SQ Dutch Bantam talk alive here. I would love to trade some eggs or one chicken come spring. Of course it is easiest if I found someone close to SW Oregon. I do not get eggs at present, but likely my two hens will lay some day.
smile.png

I apologize for not reading all 37 pages of this topic...
smile.png

Trying to find some Dutch bantams for my son- hatching eggs would be ideal, or chicks would be great too. Very excited about pictures and an article in a magazine but I can't find these to purchase for him anywhere (even if we wait until Spring). Anyone have any suggestions?

Not looking for a huge number- would take even 5 or 6.

Many thanks!

Back
Top Bottom