Dutch Boy is HOME!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by lockedhearts, Jul 14, 2010.

1. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    As many of you know, Cyn (Speckledhen) was having issues with her beloved Dutch. Well, Cyn has been more than kind to me so I worked it out so Dutch could come and live here! He will eventually go back in with some of his original girls.
    Robin (pumpkinpup) and I rode up today to pick him up.
    He settled into his crate and was quiet as a mouse, we stopped and picked up lunch, apparently Dutch has a good nose, cause he started talking as soon as we had food [​IMG] I shared some of my Hot Dog bun, he gently took it out of my hand [​IMG]

We got back to Robin's and I put the crate in my truck, he looked at me like [​IMG] get me the heck out of this crate.

We got home, and I took some pics!

Cyn, he wanted to tell you something!

[​IMG]

This one was hard to take and I look awful, I was melting in this heat and have determined my arms need to be 2 feet longer to take shots of myself [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then he met some of the horses

[​IMG]

Then he checked into his room for the night!

[​IMG]

After Baxter moves to his new home tomorrow, Dutch will be put in with Baxters girls for now until I get some more Juveniles sold and can move him back in with some BR girls.

I am excited about having Dutch here and I feel that he will behave himself here, so far he has been a complete gentleman.

Thank you Cyn for trusting me enough to take Dutch Boy !!!!!

2. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Love the pics and the story, LOL. Thanks so much for giving Dutch a chance to continue living. It makes me sad, but I know you'll take great care of him. Hugs!

P.S. I love the pic of Dutch and the horse--first horse he's ever seen! Bet he was impressed.

3. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:He actually was pretty curious, until Queenie smelled him and ruffled his feathers [​IMG]

4. X2Farm

X2Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    Dutch looks happy in his new home! [​IMG] Although it seems he's givin the horse the dreaded stink eye [​IMG]:gig

5. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    A great ending is always a new beginning!

6. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Awwww... It is so good that Dutch was able to go live with another BYCer.

7. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

Great to see Dutch settling in! Kudos for bringing him home!

8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    aaawwwww Karen he looks like he will fit right in. I am so glad you gave him this second chance...he really is a good boy and I love how gentle he is when he takes food from your hand...so careful.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  9. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Awww, he does look happy after his ride.

My chickens do not like getting sniffed either - does not matter if it is the horses or dogs doing the sniffing.

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

And once again, Karen got to see our super-spoiled prima donas. Isn't that Tiny a real mess? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by