dwarf miniature horse for sale in In.

What type of medical problems does she have? What kind of dwarf is she?

Brachycephalic dwarf or an Achondroplasia?

Is it a severe case or a mild case? We have two that are mild cases and their deformities don't cause them to have health issues. One will have them later on though, because she has a back like a dachsund. (I call her the weener horse)

Sad that these minis even exist, Nobody should be breeding deformed horses, or even horses that carry the dwarf gene. But people think they are soooo kyyooot! (Until they see the vet bill, that is)

It is a shame for people to breed some of the minis .
My neighbors have one that has that long back and both her front hooves turn under. There is a name for the disorder, but I can't remember what it is called.

However, I know alot of UK Shetlands come under the height requirement and are double registered as minis. There is an organization called www.personalponies.org if anyone is interested in minis outside of the OP's area and meet requirements you can have a couple of these little horses and do some special kids alot of good. My daughter is on their list in SC.

Considering the work you'll find at that website, I'm glad that they exist. You can even train them in some cases to pull modified wheel chairs.

Yep, that foal pic is obvious that he is a Brachycephalic dwarf. That bulge on his head is a dead giveaway. How are his teeth? Sorry for all the questions, but the people I will send info to will be asking me the same questions.

When was the last time he saw a farrier? He's awfully long
sad.png

It looks as if he has foundered in the 2nd picture.

at 10 months a vet may not geld a mini so young. My vet will not and most require they be dropped before gelding.

I've owned several dwarfs and have owned miniatures for many years now.

I'm also a lisenced farrier... If his hoofs/legs would have been taken care of from when he was born by a good farrier and vet they could have been prevented from being like that.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom