dwarf silky?

indiansilky

Hatching
12 Years
Jan 17, 2008
i brought some eggs over from england in september, out of 14 eggs i got 7 chicks, 5 silkys and 2 welsummers
the welsummers are doing fine, but out of the silkys i have only 2 remaining, one is big and fat and lovely, the other still looks like a 2 week old
is it possible that the embryos got damaged in the various machines they went thru on the way here?
is there anything i can do to make the little one, who is all other ways fine, grow?

regarding the other silkies, one had the leg problem and failed to thrive, one was given as payment to the hatchery owner, and one died under foot.

any ideas?

I guess I would make sure to give vitamin in their water. Maybe some nice warm cooked oatmeal...I am not sure what you could do. Maybe someone will know more here, than I do.

I wonder if she has a malabsorption problem. I hatched an Ameraucana (not EE), that just seemed to stay small while the others grew. He seemed completely normal for months (except for being tiny), until he started to go downhill... after that it was pretty quick. I always assumed he had a metabolic problem.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom