Dying chickens

My chickens are in a coop, screen cloth buried 12" in ground, tarped and surrounded by logs, fed and watered twice a day, can't find any holes in coop, the coop was locked with zip tie last night and one chicken was still dead this morning. WHAT am I doing wrong?
Did you find any injuries on the bird?If so what kind?

Apparently you were concerned the chickens didn't like the corn when you posted the question 'Will a chicken starve itself to death if it doesn't like the food?'

How many chickens do you have now and what do you feed it/them?
Please post photos!
I only feed them chicken feed and fresh only vegetables, now.

Is the chicken feed a complete feed? What does it bill itself as on the label?

As for the potential crushed to death scenario, that really only happens if a bird is ill or injured already, or significantly smaller, and can't push back. Some groups of chickens are shovier than others but any of them that grew up with that interaction are used to keeping their head above water, so to speak.

Keep your buckets and bag of feed away from the coop expecially if you have squirrels. Ours is on our deck that is enclosed. No way for them to get them. Make sure nothing can get into the bag or the buckets. We have five baby squirrels with their mama still. So cute to watch them.

My chickens are in a coop, screen cloth buried 12" in ground, tarped and surrounded by logs, fed and watered twice a day, can't find any holes in coop, the coop was locked with zip tie last night and one chicken was still dead this morning. WHAT am I doing wrong?
2 died a month ago .Did the remaining chicken die?

Back
Top Bottom