Dying gosling

you could probably use the wood chips for compost on the garden so that you could grow some veg for your remaining goose. Very expensive compost though!

Glad you found out what was causing it.

That is the most awful thing I have heard of someone using wood shaving as feed for geese. Some people have NO feelings at all for animals or birds just the almighty dollar and do anything to get it.. I am so sorry for you and the poor baby goslings you lost due to such evil...

Well we discovered yesterday, when my husband went to a neighbouring town to get drinkers and hoppers, that we can buy ready-made chicken and duck feed! Thank God!!! Its only taken 3 years!!!! It is so hard to get info here but slowly slowly...
My family here have always struggled financially so they find it hard to understand why I would spend money on feeding hens or ducks. They would spend that money on themselves. Old habits die hard here and beliefs are deeply entrenched so it has been an uphill battle to do things the way I learned in rural Ireland!!! Things are so haphazard here, actually haphazard is an understatement. More chaotic really!! But we will have our own farm soon and it will be properly organized. I will replace the geese though. They are such lovely birds!

It's great you found feed for them! I can't wait to see the pictures of the new geese. Karma will have her way with evil people.

Well we discovered yesterday, when my husband went to a neighbouring town to get drinkers and hoppers, that we can buy ready-made chicken and duck feed! Thank God!!! Its only taken 3 years!!!! It is so hard to get info here but slowly slowly...
My family here have always struggled financially so they find it hard to understand why I would spend money on feeding hens or ducks. They would spend that money on themselves. Old habits die hard here and beliefs are deeply entrenched so it has been an uphill battle to do things the way I learned in rural Ireland!!! Things are so haphazard here, actually haphazard is an understatement. More chaotic really!! But we will have our own farm soon and it will be properly organized. I will replace the geese though. They are such lovely birds!
Well that´s good, but check the feed has niacin in it, also manganese as these are things that geese need. Geese have different needs to chickens, of course.
I can sympathise with you. After living in England, where we can just buy whatever feed we need, here is also very limited. For most folks, animals are a commodity, and ignorance tends to reign. However, there are huge batteries for raising chickesn for meat and eggs, poor things, so that feed is available. And here they grow masses of corn, so that´s the staple food for poultry. rice, too.

Where abouts in Ireland are you from? I know mostly around the Wexford area in the south. There´s someone on these threads, servpolice, that lives in Ireland.
Hope all goes well for you getting your farm, look forward to seeing photos of it and your new goslings.
big_smile.png

I just read your blog...I hope you get your farm soon.

Back
Top Bottom