Dying rooster needs to be put down

Why killing him in such a bloody way ?
Ill chickens die so quick when we're looking for a good vet.
I would give him 100mg ibuprofene so he doesn't feel any pain, and passes away in beautiful dreams of nice pullets in the garden

I would give him 100mg ibuprofene so he doesn't feel any pain, and passes away in beautiful dreams of nice pullets in the garden
I didn’t see this until I did what I did, I will definitely keep this in mind if I have to do something like this again, I hope not but thank you for this suggestion, thanx

I didn’t see this until I did what I did, I will definitely keep this in mind if I have to do something like this again, I hope not but thank you for this suggestion, thanx
You did the right thing. :hugs Don't try to stop pain that way. It won't work. It's much more humane the way you did it.

While your suggestion might work for birds that still have a normally functioning digestive tract, this rooster seemed to be too far gone and I doubt that the ibuprofene would have been absorbed correctly while staying in the crop.

Your correct I think he was to far gone and I don’t think ibuprofen would of worked for him. I feel confident in what I did. It only hurt me for that second, but in the end I am very proud of my self for putting him down when I needed to. I have no remorse at all. Thank you

Aw :hugs Im sorry. I’ve had to euthanize once (I used Ether to put her to sleep, it worked great and the experience was peaceful for us both, it’s a method I highly recommend) and it was definitely very sad and heartbreaking, but it’s also the ultimate way to show love and respect for your animal—letting them go when it is time and their quality of life is no longer good :hugs

Back
Top Bottom