E Coli and klebsiella positive????

I really, truly appreciate it so much. I am just so completely drained at this point. Having pretty much my entire flock be sick, losing three of them and then being given this absolutely crazy diagnosis has me so drained and exhausted.
Thank you. ❤️
I know you know, and I'm not trying to give you a hard time, just trying to he!p you get through this. :hugs

Ugh. I had no idea that keeping chickens as pets could be so tough and emotionally draining. I love these guys so much. I just went out to go see them and they all ran up to me and couldn’t understand why I didn’t pick them up.
Yes, it can be, however, you've not had the typical, run-of-the-mill experience. Hopefully this will never happen again. In a few days, after treatment, you should consider disinfecting your coop(s), roosts, feeders, and waterers. Then do it again, when they're all cleared up.

We certainly haven’t. Our first chicken that we ever lost was a Polish who eat much and had her crop impacted from that. The vet said he never seen an impact of crap so bad.

Thank you so much for all of your help. I really appreciate appreciate it. Will absolutely follow your advice.

Is there hope for my flock if they are given medication? Or is this just gonna wipe everyone out? This is totally devastating.

Yes, it can be, however, you've not had the typical, run-of-the-mill experience. Hopefully this will never happen again. In a few days, after treatment, you should consider disinfecting your coop(s), roosts, feeders, and waterers. Then do it again, when they're all cleared up.

I really, truly appreciate it so much. I am just so completely drained at this point. Having pretty much my entire flock be sick, losing three of them and then being given this absolutely crazy diagnosis has me so drained and exhausted.
Thank you. ❤️
:hugs I understand! Talk to you vet first thing in the morning and see what they say. If they say try tetracyline, oxytetracyline, doxycycline, sulfamethoxazole, or sulfamethazine, ask why. Don't be rude, but ask why they think those are better.

Thank you so so so much. This vet knows me very well. We’ve been taking our dogs there forever. I actually started to go there when we first moved into the area in 1985. I trust them. And they know how much I love my animals.

Ps. Going to try to send you a personal message. I have a never done it before so hopefully I can figure it out.
:hugs I understand! Talk to you vet first thing in the morning and see what they say. If they say try tetracyline, oxytetracyline, doxycycline, sulfamethoxazole, or sulfamethazine, ask why. Don't be rude, but ask why they think those are better.

Vet appointment with the vet I trust tomorrow at 4pm.

They said the test the other vet was a joke and didn’t provide any real information - that E. coli and klebissa is found in chickens naturally but goes crazy when there is another infection

Back
Top Bottom