Early February 2016 Hatch - Who's In?

Well, I'm only on day 4 with my duck eggs, but my incubator's temp is fluctuating and the humidity keeps going down. I think our drafty house and running the heaters all day, might be causing issues. I wrapped the incubator in a towel to help insulate it. I really hope this works. I only have 6 eggs.

On my first hatch I figured out my temp and humidity fluctuations were largely due to my automatic thermostat. I payed no attention to the fact that my house went down to 65 degrees at night and only up to 68 degrees during the warmest times of the day. :he. It wasn't until day 15 that I realized why I was babysitting the Bator. Not sure if this could be a factor but just a thought! Lol.

I'm sure at this early point they are fine.

Welcome to the hatch!! Mine are due the 3rd. What do you have in the bator?

Thank you! They are all buff Orpington... Well actually one of my seven girls is a buff rock so they'll be a few rock Orpington crosses but she's my very favorite chicken so I don't mind. :) What are you hatching?

Last edited:
I started my first hatch, January 14th.. WhoooHooo, 12 eggs, I candled them day 10 and see movement in 5 of them, and nothing in the rest. Im excited for the next step, Gladly listen to any and all advise.

Thank you! They are all buff Orpington... Well actually one of my seven girls is a buff rock so they'll be a few rock Orpington crosses but she's my very favorite chicken so I don't mind. :) What are you hatching?

This round I'm hatching buff Orpingtons, EE (Ameraucana hen & bresse cock), some Cream leg bar and Isla Brown mixes. So who knows what I'm going to get! So far 29 are growing!

Got my second batch of eggs in today, 32 in this batch 12 in the first.
[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom