EARLY JUNE HATCH!! anyone with me?.

chickenmadnessainmind

Chirping
8 Years
Feb 19, 2011
Here we go,after two hatches this year we are off again!
woot.gif
We set 14 eggs early this morning, and are in for a long wait
pop.gif
caf.gif
We have:-Five- silkie eggs buff x buff and buff x black! :-Six- white la bresse :-Three- green legged partrige!!
Humidity is up
Temperature is just right!...
Let me know what yee lot are hatching!
Welcome to join in, more the merrier
tongue2.gif
thumbsup.gif

Hi,
I have some eggs that are due on 6/3.
There's 8 Mottled Houdans, 14 Black Copper Marans, 14 BLR wyandottes and 2 olive eggers.
I've culled 3 of the MHs that didn't develop but they are shipped eggs.

Carolyn

Hiya Carolyn.
I always find that shipped eggs are hard to hatch,But i reckon thats just me!.ha
Mine are due the 10/3... We are just after hatching out 8/12 silkie's thursday and back into it again!.
Will be setting Mandarin and pekin duck eggs for a friend as soon as i get my new bator delivered.
What bator are you using btw?.
smile.png

Fingers croosed also
thumbsup.gif
hope all goes well...
Had my first problem already, my thermometer broke while i was out!! rang the supplier to see when they could send on out,and they wont have them in stock till next thursday!
duc.gif
good thing i bought a second incubator right!ha

Hi there, I just set:

5 Blue Andalusian
10 Silver Sussex
10 Buttercup

Very excited to join the hatching group!
smile.png
Mine are shipped eBay eggs also. My hatch rate with shipped eggs seems to hover around 20%.

Looking forward to the journey with you all.

Edited to add: I'm using a Little Giant forced air with a turner for incubating, and a Little Giant still air (no turner) for hatching.

Last edited:
Welcome kcaywood,
Thats a nice bunch of eggs! Fingers croosed for you!
fl.gif

Hopefully you have a better hatch rate than 20% This time
smile.png

Thanks!
big_smile.png
Can't wait to see your babies ... I've never heard of the white la bresse! I need to google that one!

Anxious to see BawGock's BLRWs too ... I've been through three batches of BLRW shipped eggs - not a one hatched - I tried to assist one had passed its date, but it died anyway
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom