EARLY JUNE HATCH!! anyone with me?.

Google (la bresse gauloise) the go to images.
There a white bird with blue legs, dual purpose but i will only us them for laying and hatching!ha
There eggs from a friend of mine who also gave me the green legged partridge eggs. so i can't get pics just yet.
The silkies are my own and hope they hatch!(there great little broodies)!
I know how you feel about the having to help them out. i had clutch of silkie cross eggs in the incubator, only one was fertile and it came to hatch time, it went over 2 days so i decided to help him out! didnt go well, if i left him he may of hatched! you just dont know do you
hmm.png

I have one pb silkie chick on his own at the moment that a friend gave me thinking he would have company, wish he had a friend!..
I really like the Buttercups they are very unusual looking chicks!

Have youyour own chickens right now kcaywood?

Welcome Baker Quail
smile.png

I love quail eggs
smile.png
have seen quail chicks before,i was surprise about there size! and the owner said it is hard to raise them?

Are ducks harder to hatch than chickens? Always curious about that
smile.png

I'm using a Hovabator 1588 w/turner. I have 2 of them that have been running since mid January. This will be my last hatch of the season. (I think
wink.png
)

Shipped eggs are a gamble, I have some d'uccles from a BYCer that are due in less than a week. She was really sweet because I ran the first batch w/ too high of humidity and had a bad hatch, and she sent me more eggs just for the price of shipping even though the low hatch rate it was my fault. I usually dry hatch in my hovabator but was afraid to incubate the bantam eggs dry.

Carolyn

To be honest it will be my first time with duck eggs
roll.png
But i like the Mandarin breed!
Hate to say it but i think of ducks as being HARD TO KEEP (in the winter anyways)
lau.gif

That was really nice of her! Hope they all hatch. I've never got shipped eggs to hatch EVER.
Only local eggs or eggs i have traveled for!

The incubator im using for these lot is a covata novital 24 automatic
smile.png
my new on thats supposed to be delivered next week is a r-com incubator..

Graig

Quote:
I do have some lovely chickens now! Mottled Java, Australorp, Blue and Black Orpingtons, ISA Brown, Light Sussex, Black Copper Marans, Partridge, Blue, and Black Silkies, Dark Cornish, and a BBW turkey hen ... How about you?

got 36 Random mutt eggs. All have cochin daddy's. 6 have a red cochin daddy and the rest have a white cochin daddy. Its our first attempt at hatching so we got mutt eggs. The 6 from the red cochin are half production red. we bought two reds just for the eggs and they were pinned with a cochin roo. The lady at the feed store said there eggs wouldnt be fertile but my wife wanted to try anyways and low and behold they are developing. All due june 4th

Welcome Amarisus!
smile.png

I love it when you prove people wrong like that!ha
Hope you have a good hatch rate
fl.gif
and update us with pics throughout!
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom