EARLY JUNE HATCH!! anyone with me?.

Quote:
I do have some lovely chickens now! Mottled Java, Australorp, Blue and Black Orpingtons, ISA Brown, Light Sussex, Black Copper Marans, Partridge, Blue, and Black Silkies, Dark Cornish, and a BBW turkey hen ... How about you?

We have sold a good few of our chickens early this year.
We have these breeds at the moment:
two pairs of silkies(four different strains ), 2 trios of buff brahma (four different strains ) and six RIR running with a six year old light sussex and a nine month old black silkie. 18 in total.
Hoping to get a few more silkie's from this bunch.
I also hope to have a la bresse and green legged partridge pairs or quads for next years breeding!

Almost forgot i have one black silkie in the brooder from previous batch! so 19...

Last edited:
mine are due 6/4

i had 11 and its down to 6
fl.gif

*Day Three update*
Well all is fine here got the new thermometer, placed it in, and as i suspected the temperature was perfect!

Just wondering when you lot are going to candle your eggs?
And at what day do you think you can see the progress best?
big_smile.png

Interested to see how everyone is getting on with there hatches!
pop.gif
caf.gif

***ONLY EIGHTEEN MORE DAYS!!! ***
jumpy.gif
lau.gif

I'm a jack***!
he.gif
barnie.gif

I went in to candle about an hour ago curse my curiosity!
while in there i was holding the lid of the bator it nearly fell, but instead of falling it hit the bator and its now broken! there no rattleing from it sooo.. i thought it may be the bulb but no the bator is broken! so unlucky with hatches this year!
duc.gif
th.gif

Luckly my friend had just finished a batch of eggs and gave me a lone of hers..
smile.png
while at my friend i thought it was a good idea to put my eggs in with my 3 day old chick! this was a bad idea the chick rolled the eggs directly over the heat lamp and the fertile ones are fried! one or two silkies are ok and am down to only three la bresse ... green legged were not fertile !
th.gif
smack.gif

Also my friend gave me 18 more silkie eggs! they have a buff roo running with a black and a buff hen! (buff hen non bearded).was nice of her.

So at this stage i have now twenty two silkie eggs and 3 la bresse!
idunno.gif

Twenty-five in total its gunna be a staggered hatch
hmm.png
fl.gif

Let me know how ye lot are cheer me up...

graig

I have 23 due on June 3rd. Half Ameraucanas (black, blue, splash) and the other half Wheaten Marans. I have 3 duck eggs that were orphaned(?) - My roo was killed and it appears my duck pair escaped and never returned to the eggs. Since I had the bator going, I put the duck eggs in. But candling yesterday revealed blood rings in all three of the duck eggs
sad.png

One chick egg I'm sure has already quit - the shell had hairline fractures. Another one or two don't appear to be fertile. But anyways, maybe 20 chicks due June 3rd.
smile.png

As for candling, I do it at 10 days and 18 days. That has been working for me. By 10 days, I can see a mass and veins. At 18 days, I can see a lot more chicken. I have Marans eggs that are pretty dark, so we'll see how that day 18 candling goes.

Quote:
I also had a roo killed! mackes me feel mad because of all the effort that went in to rearing them and try to get new blood in!!!
Mayebe the duck eggs were left to long without heat?

I like to the fact that you can get the variety from hatching a black and blue cross!
smile.png

graig

Back
Top Bottom