EARLY JUNE HATCH!! anyone with me?.

**Day six and Day two**
Duck eggs came today got 15!
My R-com bator today so i put the 27 eggs in total in it.
Friend wanted his incubator back and took the 15 duck eggs also to hatch along with 6 of his own
smile.png

Will candle first batch tonight and second lot tomorrow.
smile.png

I set 15 blue EE eggs on 5-22 so they should be due 6-12. My wife's friend gave her a duck egg to throw in there as well. SInce the duck egg is going to take a few days longer I decided to put another blue egg in 5-24. seemed like the fun thing to do. I have to open my bator during lockdown to add water to keep the humidity up so turning that egg for 2 extra days won't be any trouble.

I had problems with the temp again. Came home yesterday to a temp of 104. Not sure how long it was too warm. Sure hope the little guys didn't get fried!

we've got 15 royal palm turkeys and some light x coronation sussex due to hatch the 4th and 5th of June. (embarrassed to say i have never counted the sussex eggs, think there are around 10). started out with 22 royal palms, but 7 were infertile (came from 3 hens, so one was infertile, for whatever reason).

only 1 of the sussex went bad so far, red ring of death
sad.png

Quote:
I do have some lovely chickens now! Mottled Java, Australorp, Blue and Black Orpingtons, ISA Brown, Light Sussex, Black Copper Marans, Partridge, Blue, and Black Silkies, Dark Cornish, and a BBW turkey hen ... How about you?

I have mottled and black javas hatching right now!! the other eggs on sunday and gunin eggs and turkey egg on june 4-7. LOVE MY JAVA"S!!
bow.gif
celebrate.gif

**Day Eight & Day Five**

I candled last night i have 3 left to hatch in 13 days time (one la bresse & two silkie)

Eggs due in 16 days!
I have 7 buff x black eggs that are going strong and two that are a bit small!
I have 9 buff x buff eggs that i cannot see into(so i will leave them in)
smile.png
any ideas as to see into them? or time scale

Most have blood rings why is this?

caf.gif
pop.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom