Early morning Mink battle *pictures* graphic

Gypsy, the range is private and since Jan 1 we are no longer members, plus they didn't allow guests on the range (lame). We are going to join the Cheshire County Fish and Game club, they have a much nicer facility and are cheaper to join. If we can find a place I'd be happy to go shooting with you when you are feeling better. I don't touch the 9mm handgun (for health reasons, I'm sure you will know what I mean) but I have my .22 rifle and my .20 gauge shot gun (for turkeys and such), complete with second rifled barrel for shooting sabots (for deer and such). DH uses the 9mm, .270 rifle and .12 gauge. I really want a 30-06 Browning but need to save some (OK a lot of) money first and it's not the #1 priority for money saving so it will be a while! The combo .20 gauge does fine for now.

On another note, do you have a coon sized trap? I don't think we can afford to buy one just now so we are looking into other options (i.e. borrowing or renting). This is the first coon to find us since we moved in. We leave trash on our porch all the time and have never had coons get into it, never saw coon tracks either until this one just recently. I'm sure it's the chickens that brought this guy in. If you do have a coon sized trap I would be so grateful if you would let us use it for a few days! Chickens are safe from the coon right now so maybe you could bring it to the swap and when we catch the coon I could just drive it back to you? If you don't have a trap don't worry about it, we will just keep looking for one.

I'll have to call you one of these days, it's always so nice talking with you!

I do have a coon size trap and one for coyote size also,
the coyote one is over kill,
remind me again before next sunday and I will toss it in the truck.

living on this brook has taught us to have many different size hav-a-harts.

renting and buying them is espensive.
I am all over like horse poop and occasionally I run across them that some one is giving away.
I think the only one I have ever bought was the Coyote trap at the tune of $130.00
Bought just especially for the neighbors stupid dog, works fine for Golden Retrievers, they fit perfectly in those traps.
what gets me giggling is every stinkin time that stupid dog gets out and goes for the birds it blindly walks right into the trap.
now I dont camo the trap in any way, it sits right there by the side of the coop,plain sight , unbaited.
can we say dumb dog, good thing the guy doesnt use this dog for bird hunting, stupid thing would find the only coyote trap in 100 milles and no birds.

lau.gif
That is one dumb dog for sure! Maybe he likes it in the trap, lol. Goldens aren't supposed to be the brightest but I never thought of them as particularly dumb either. This dog changes my mind though.

I'll try to remember to remind you, lol. My memory is super terrible! I'm trying to think of the best way to remind myself. I was thinking about calling you this week anyways so hopefully I will remind you then.

Back
Top Bottom