EARTHQUAKE in INDIANA!

It woke me and OH up (and he can sleep through most anything!).
I heard there were some broken windows on the Purdue campus and in Louisvile, a building lost its facade.

I wish they could find something else to talk about on either the Loiusville or Indianapolis TV stations.

Last edited:
Wow! I remember one in the 80's in SE Michigan; I was working midnights and definitely felt it. Don't remember what level it was, and we didn't know what the heck it was. This is the first reoccurance I've heard of that in the area. That being the case, I guess a small quake every 20 years isn't so bad; would make the folks out west jealous.

My oldest daughter couldn't sleep this morning and said that her bed began shaking for no reason. So it might have hit here I am not sure. I was sound to sleep so I didn't feel or see anything.
barnie.gif

Of course I slept through it but DH was up and 'enjoyed' it. He said it felt like one of those old vibrating beds that you'd stick a quarter in.

The birds are fine but it will be interesting to see if it impacts egg laying.

ms e

Quote:
I've been in California all of my life (except a couple of years in Idaho) and the only time an earthquake affected the animals was when the Northridge one hit in 1994 (?). It was almost a 7.0, I had friends who lost their houses, our freeways collapsed, it was billions in damage. All of the animals were fine except our cockatoo. He didn't move for a week. The dogs, chickens, and horses were back to their usual business in no time.
I'm glad nobody got hurt! Earthquakes can be a little uneasy, but after they're over, I think, Wow, that was kinda fun!
tongue.png

The earthquake woke me up this morning. I was sleeping soundly and wakened to the sound of the whole house shaking. It shook so hard I wondered if the ceiling was going to fall on me. My younger brother was awakened by it too and came downstairs to tell Mom. Mom had felt it, but thought it was the cat scratching underneath her bed.
The cat, BTW, was sound asleep on the bed with me and was not fazed at all by the quake. Our dog wasn't fazed, either, and he's terrified of thunderstorms! I didn't even hear my birds fussing-and my windows were open.
hmm.png

According to my Mom, this is the second earthquake I've lived through. She says there was one in 1987 when I was four. She was in the house and heard the cabinets rattle and the floor move. She grabbed my younger brother, who was a baby at the time, and raced outside to join my other brother and I who were happily playing and who had not felt the quake.

Hey Deb! Yep, It came on my way and woke dh & I up at 4:30 am our time. Our flock was making a ruckus also. Pretty weird, huh! My dd slept right through it. My first instinct was that it was an Earth Quake, but have never, ever experienced one before. I ran downstairs to make sure it wasn't a tornado. Our whole upper level of our 2 story brick home was shaking and window clanking. It was just like in the movies...well without everything falling off the shelves, etc. Really weird! Whew! I'm tired! I couldn't go back to sleep after it.

Back
Top Bottom