EARTHQUAKE in INDIANA!

i didn't know anything about it until i got to work and people were talking about it.
big_smile.png
I slept through it, so did the kids, the dogs, and the chickens. Oh, and my roommate. We're all heavy sleepers i guess.

We're close enough to it that we sure as heck didn't sleep through it! It was kind of scary considering we're not used to that sort of thing. Then the aftershock wasn't a fun ride either. I don't see how folks on the West Coast ever get used to it.

* Yikes, guys!! Glad your'e o.k.! We lived in NorCal 15 years and had LOTS in that timeframe-- including the '89 Loma Prieta quake. . .7.2 and 15 seconds, bad news, that one.

Last edited:
I missed it but my dau who lives just next door felt it, My hens for the last 2 days have been off egg production, wonder if they know some thing we didn't. If eggs prod goes back up i will know for sure.

Egg Production was back to normal today DO I HAVE PHYSIC CHICKENS?

Last edited:
HAHAHAHA!
big_smile.png
That was just in case you missed AK, Justusnak! LOL!
Sorry... not funny if you've never been in one. I lived in CA, and now within 150 miles of 3, maybe more, volcanoes... the only earthquake that ever really got my attention was the 9.2 in Denali in '03. Now THAT was fun! (j/k)
Hope you guys are all ok. Not sure exactly what that means seismically for the U.S. but there's been a LOT of activity lately. Especially down near Australia and NZ.

I live in Nor Cal.
big_smile.png
When I was a baby I slept right through the '89
lol.png
But I've felt my fair share of them, nothing too bad yet. Of course I'm just waiting for the next "once in 100 years" earthquake to strike, we're due for it, which is scary.

But it's true that animals can feel it coming. When I was 13 I was laying in the sun with my cockateil and there were birds singing and so was Tres (my bird). Suddenly everything went absolutely quiet for several seconds, my bird was standing rigid with its crest up, looking alarmed. Suddenly he screeched and burst into flight in fear, which he's never done, and I felt this one big shake. He landed back on me and after a few more seconds of unsure silence, the bird song picked back up.

* I used to get dizzy on my feet when we had small ones in Cali-- We had one once that we had about a half-second 'warning' for when we heard car alarms start going off across the area. . ."Roller" waves are kinda fun-- "Shakers" suck.

Last edited:
* Find a copy of a fiction paperback that was out about a decade ago titled "8.4", Drake Maiden. Totally unrealistic "quake-solving" premise, I think, but some great earthquake info, historical stuff and SCARY midwest faultline potential make it a WILD read!!!

Back
Top Bottom