1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Earthquake

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by JakRat, Aug 23, 2011.

1. JakRat

JakRat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    Did any of your chickens predict the earthquake? [​IMG] Are all our VA members and their chickens ok??

2. mychickensrock

mychickensrock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    Felt it here in Raleigh, NC!

3. mychickensrock

mychickensrock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2008
    Raleigh, NC
    oops.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  4. canesisters

canesisters Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2011
    Virginia
    Very egg-citing! I'm at work (sneaking peeks at BYC) and everything here - south of Petersburg - shook for about a min.

5. JakRat

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    My chickens didnt act weird at all! I thought animals were supposed to predict these things.

6. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    My chickens acted the same.. I was just out an hour before collecting my MIL's eggs... Let my Jersey Giants out an they fallowed me down the hill like I had something for them but they have been doing that the past 3 days I thought because I had eggs in my shirt..

7. JakRat

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    Quote:LOL I am glad I am not the only one who collects in my shirt [​IMG] My dogs didnt act weird either.....

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Here's some info about the quake:
    Magnitude 5.9, 1 kilometer deep, in Virginia, according to my Earthquake watch application on my iPhone. 27 miles east of Charlottesville.

9. JakRat

Apr 22, 2009
    Dover
    I am interested to see if our fellow members coops held up well. I hope everyone one is alright!!!

10. TinyTotsSeramas

TinyTotsSeramas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Smithsburg
    Quote:LOL I am glad I am not the only one who collects in my shirt [​IMG] My dogs didnt act weird either.....

lol portable carrier!! xD

My dog kind of acted weird.. she was attatched at my hip which she knows I dont care for her an stays away from me! (she chews up my children's toys and clothes and poops in my son's room.. she'd be gone if it wasnt for my kids!)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by