Earthquake

I'm at work in Richmond Va and everything started to shake, then it got worse, then there was a roar. Then the entire building kinda did a heave. Pictures fell off the walls. Across the street at Channel 12, they evacuated their building right after it happened. I'm usually not scared of things but this scared me bad!!! My heart is still pounding in my chest.

We are in Augusta County, VA.
I'm at work so I have no idea how the chicks or my dogs fared. Hope they are all okay and not too scared. Our coop is a work in progress and is about 3/4 done - hope it stood up to the shaking.

Last edited:
Got it here in MD. Just north of Annapolis, and south of Baltimore.

I'm at work, and it shook pretty good for couple seconds. Stuff fell of walls at house according to wife.

All well that I talk to, and no structural damage according to news.

Pray yall are well.

Guess it's time to get ready for hurricane now.

God bless

TNT

well im in altoona pennsylvania at work...i work at the hospital....i was just sitting here and all of a sudden i thought i felt my chair shaking(very lightly) & i started to get really dizzy...granite..i just got over being sick last week....i was like why am i feeling dizzy...it went away and then came back...i kinda looked out the corner of my eye to see if nething else was shaking...lol...it was really freaky..i kinda just forgot about it because it stopped until the one girl came out and asked if i felt the earthquake...i was like omg...was that what it was...thank god i thought i was getting sick again and was dilarious..lol...ok...what is going on with this world...and what do we have to look foward to..this is getting scary people!!!

I was alone in the office or I would have never felt it. I wouldn't have known what it was if it was my first. My son is in Virginia and said it never even phased the dog.

Quote:
Hey neighbor! I'm in Glen Burnie too. All the neighbors were out in the street. The hens didn't seem to care at all. We are battening down the hatches for the hurricane tho.

Quote:
Hey neighbor! I'm in Glen Burnie too. All the neighbors were out in the street. The hens didn't seem to care at all. We are battening down the hatches for the hurricane tho.

Nothing seems to phase chickies much
smile.png

Now hurricane prevention....

What next? Volcano preparation? Meteor preparation? Zombie preparation?

Felt it just outside of Raleigh, NC. Ironically, I had two chickens inside (taking pix). The chickens outside were mostly laying down, but I don't think that's particularly indicative, because they lay around a lot in the heat of the day.

Of course, we were more concerned with what our plan was for the hurricane when the quake hit.

Back
Top Bottom