Earthworms?

Artemis Fowl

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 13, 2010
Arizona
Ok so I went fishing over the weekend and had a few earthworms left so I decided to give some to my chickens, I started with two worms to see how they would react and they went CRAZY! My big BR (Big Bertha) got one and started roaring? My question is can they handle the earthworms and was she just bragging about how good they tasted?

Last edited:
My flock plays "keep away" when one finds a worm and it it good entertainment. I understand they are quit nutritious, but I prefer to keep the worms in the garden and compost just like I don't want to feed the chickens to the dogs. Each tenant has a job to do.
On a side note: I understand that if you feed earth worms corn meal and change it a few times that you can wad the worms up into a ball and flatten it like hamburger. You should fry them in oil as they will probably stick. If you try this, let me know how it was.
droolin.gif

Honestly, I think all birds that are on the ground are at risk. Grasshoppers fly into our run all of the time.
I plan on a wazine worming in November, and follow it up with one of the ivermectins, then once a year with just the ivermec.

Back
Top Bottom