Easiest chicken tractor ever.

NiftyTotalFox-size_restricted.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! I love your Avatar/photo....that is great!!!
I think my hubby loves them more than me. Thats Honeybun giving him some loves.

Does it get windy there where you are, I had one of those and the wind caught it, lifted it right up and some of the poles bent.
Make sure it's well staked down if you do get wind, I'm not knocking it by the way just a gentle hint.
It does get windy sometimes,we stake it down really tight,but also we watch them really close when they are out there b/c the neighbord don't always keet their dogs up. I appreciate all advice and did not percieve any critique in your comment. All good,friend.

Ah, 75 eggs! That's so awesome ! I see you said that in your original post... don't know how I missed that (I'm a dodo!) My first batch of girls 2 years ago started laying at 4 months, but these new youngsters (which are mostly the same breeds) apparently just don't feel like gifting me with their lovely eggs any earlier than they have to!:hit

View attachment 1576379 I love Halloween! Your decorations are lovely!

Did you see my decorations?

We are new parents to 7 delightful ladies, ours came to Alabama from Meyer's Hatchery in Ohio as day old chicks back in May. We have already collected over 75 eggs and are well pleased with our imprinted babies! When they arrived I knew very little and stumbled onto thos site just in time to save Sophie Dominicker from pastey butt. So you had me at Hello.
We have 2 Golden buff Orps, 3 Rhode Island reds, 1 Splash blue andalusian and our Dominicker.
Your posts have smoothed the way and we are grateful.
Our idea for a mobile but very safe tractor was to enclose a portable pop-up canopy with chicken wire on the lower half,and plastic hazard fence around the top half . All is held securely with zip ties,and can be picked up and readily moved or staked to the ground.
We never go away and leave them on it, so feel it's pretty safe. They love it
Do they willingly go from coop to chicken tractor?

Do they willingly go from coop to chicken tractor?
We always carry them fro the coop to either the backyard or the tractor. It gives us a chance too do a little physical exam, and they dont protest the handling because it always means something good is about to happen!
Is it too late for me to say "Welcome to Backyard Chickens?" I love seeing you around the forum!
Hey girlie! Never too late to say "Hi". Thanks for the kind words.

Back
Top Bottom