Easiest way to mark eggs from hens?

Ehh, honestly when I first heard about it, I thought you picked the bird up, had her upside down and dripped the coloring intonthe vent as it flexes. Didn't sound so invasive honestly
That would make sense too! I was really think gin around the rim and a bit under the flap. I like this idea as well, as long as it doesn't' go deep in the vent.

Ehh, honestly when I first heard about it, I thought you picked the bird up, had her upside down and dripped the coloring intonthe vent as it flexes. Didn't sound so invasive honestly
That makes sense and simple too. Guess I’ll experiment this week and hopefully have things worked out by next Saturday.

I wonder if the lipstick option might be better than food coloring? Food coloring, if used in small quantity or just over time would simply soak into the skin and perhaps not transfer to the egg? Whereas lipstick perhaps would, with the heat of the body, stay moist and transfer more reliably. Plus, since it's not a liquid, it shouldn't soak into the delicate skin tissue of that area.

Thoughts??

I wonder if the lipstick option might be better than food coloring? Food coloring, if used in small quantity or just over time would simply soak into the skin and perhaps not transfer to the egg? Whereas lipstick perhaps would, with the heat of the body, stay moist and transfer more reliably. Plus, since it's not a liquid, it shouldn't soak into the delicate skin tissue of that area.

Thoughts??
It might be a bit more traumatic for everyone to apply.

Thoughts??
I read about lipstick being used for that reason. But.... I think I only have pink, purplish, and red. I had honestly not even thought about the fact that any reddish colors would be a problem 🤦‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom