East Coast folks, who wants to rant about the weather?

popcornpuppy

Songster
10 Years
Jun 19, 2009
Holland, Massachusetts
I know this has been a crazy winter and folks all over the country are seeing snow that usually don't. It just seems to me that although everyone is getting snow, the East Coast is getting pounded. Me personally, I've had it up to here with snow
barnie.gif

I just spent the last 3 hours shoveling out my coops from previous snow storms and I still can't get the coop doors open all the way
he.gif
And now to top it all off, here is the latest forcast from my local news. PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Local Forecast
Updated: Friday, 04 Feb 2011, 4:36 PM EST

Brian Lapis
Friday Night: Clear early; Thin Clouds Late

Lows: 2-8 Winds: Light

Saturday: Snow/Sleet Starts 10am-2pm

Highs: 30-34 Winds: Light South

Saturday Night: Snow/Sleet; Chance Rain Or Freezing Rain; Ends After Midnight

Low: 22-28

Sunday: Becoming Mostly sunny.

Highs: 32-36

Discussion:

Winter Storm Watch in effect for Franklin County Saturday afternoon through Sunday morning.

Clear skies early, increasing clouds expected overnight with temperatures dropping into the single digits.

Cloudy skies kicking off our Saturday. The snowflakes will make their debut 10am-2pm. Through the afternoon we could see the snowflakes mixing with sleet, and possibly some freezing rain. The sleet and freezing rain will keep accumulation numbers down - we're looking at 3-6" throughout western Mass. IF we receive more snow than a wintry mix, then accumulations will be a little closer to 6". High temps on Saturday will be in the low 30s.

Sunshine for Sunday, with highs in the 30s. We'll be tracking a quick system Monday night and Tuesday morning..

Then watching a Nor'easter-style storm next Thursday. That one we have to keep a very close eye on..that's all I'm going to say.. I'd rather everyone WEAR red than SEE red today..
Snowfall so far this season & records:

November: 0.2"
December: 6.7"
January: 40.5" - A new record!!
February: 14.0"
Total: 61.4"

Seasonal Average (Dec, Jan, Feb): 36.4"

Yearly average: 49.4"

Monthly record: 48.0" (March, 1956)

Seasonal record: 107.7" (1996)

Last edited:
You know i tell myself I can deal with the triple didget heat since we have such mild winters that I can graze my animals 10 months out of the year without hay, but all this sudden snow... and cold... dangit! Why am I putting up with sub tropical heat and humidity if it gets so dang cold in the winters too!
*grumbles and sulks*
rant.gif

Thigh deep snow covered by half an inch of ice- try walking through that. This is NJ not Maine. I am an outdoors person-all of my interests (other than the Princess) are outdoors. I am imprisoned by this winter. I haven't been able to train dogs since Jan. 6. They are going as nuts as I am. I have completed all of my winter projects and am ready for spring.
rant.gif

Quote:
Oh my goodness I so agree!> I hate being couped up indoors, and the weather keeps alternating between deep snow and wet and ice, making training my ausi, horses, and prepping my spring garden difficult!

OK, nothing but freezing rain so far. I guess this makes storm # 9. The almanac predicted 17 major storms this winter.
hide.gif
That figure is third hand. My wife got it second hand at the beauty parlor.
lol.png
Has anyone been looking at the predictions for next week?
he.gif

Quote:
Yeah, right now we are getting the freezing rain like you. It's supossed to turn over to snow at some point later tonight at least in my area
tongue.gif
and then more precipitaion Monday night and the posibility of a huge storm on Thursday. I don't care how many storms we get, I care about the endless supply of snow
sickbyc.gif
My girls are not happy with the snow either; My chickens have literally been cooped up for a month and are on strike because of the weather. I have 54 chickens (38 of them are layers) and I'm getting half a dozen eggs a day. We also breed rabbits and my living room has become a make shift maternity ward so that we don't lose any babies to the cold & snow. So what did that silly Ground hog say about spring? I didn't try to find out because I could not handle bad news
roll.png

The woodchuck lied and said only six more weeks. When I was a kid (long, long ago:old) I turned a spare bedroom in our house into a maternity ward for raising rabbits in the winter. It also contained 15+ female hamsters that I bred for the pet shop trade. I had very tolerant parents.
lol.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Awwwww,
hugs.gif
poor sourpuss, er, oh, I mean sourland
lol.png
Gotta tell ya, we're basking in the sunshine here today, have been for days. Light breeze, 60 something. I don't know how you guys put up with those winters. You will never, ever pry me off the west coast!

(Note: I fully expect to now be struck down by previously unseen/unheard of blizzard conditions after making the above statement.)

Back
Top Bottom