East Coast folks, who wants to rant about the weather?

sfw2 - I'm with you. As crappy as Winter can get This is the weather I understand. I am definately an east coast girl. No mudslides, earthquakes, tornados or poisonous bugs for me.
Those of us that routinely survive winter have a true appreciation of what spring really is.

I'm with all of you guys in the Northeast. Snow, snow, ice, snow. Ugh. I don't even have my peeps yet and I've rethought where I'm going to put my chicken coop about a dozen times. Gotta be able to get to it and get it shoveled out easily. Guess this is good practice for next winter. But, as bad as it can be, there is no humidity (every day is a good hair day!), no bugs, no mowing, no raking, no watering, etc
smile.png

As for the woodchuck, the six more weeks of winter/early spring thing only applies south of the Mason-Dixon line
lol.png

Quote:
And this year it's going to be really appreciated!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

Last edited:
The changing seasons are nice in New England, most people like the transitional months of spring or fall. Me, I hate winter so much that I can skip spring and jump right into summer!
cool.png

I remember everyone complaining about the heat this past summer and I just laughed and said "I love 90* days, I'll take it over winter anyday." Now all those same folks are wishing it was summer again. Since summer is not in the forcast to help melt the snow, I guess I need one of these to melt it for me;

34755_godzilla_blue.jpg

Quote:
Awwwww,
hugs.gif
poor sourpuss, er, oh, I mean sourland
lol.png
Gotta tell ya, we're basking in the sunshine here today, have been for days. Light breeze, 60 something. I don't know how you guys put up with those winters. You will never, ever pry me off the west coast!

(Note: I fully expect to now be struck down by previously unseen/unheard of blizzard conditions after making the above statement.)

Hmmm. California: Earthquakes, wildfires, mudslides, Santa Ana winds.

Central Virginia: Summer humidity; occasional tail-end of a hurricane/tropical storm; occasional snow/ice storms.

Think I'll stay on the east coast, thanks.

I would appreciate it if the swamp that is currently our property would dry out, a little, sometime soon.

barnie.gif

See that's the funny thing about what most east coast folk think about CA. Where I live there are no Santa Ana winds, no mudslides, no wildfires, and earthquakes? Oh a little tremor once in a long while, most of the time you don't even notice it. Oh and only a little humidity occasionaly here in summer!

Oh and sourland, not to worry, I have my anti-incantation, anti-hexware running!
cool.png

Quote:
Oh yeah, how are you doing for water?

Last year was pretty good, doing superbly this year. Not always the case though. Lots of rain thru Dec. and ton's of snow in the Sierra. Reservoir's are pretty full already just from the rain, still have all that snow to melt. So this year is good. We have our drought's like most everyone else, just part of the landscape.

Back
Top Bottom