East Indies

I have a indies cross with a magpie, gorgeous drake! I just got them. I got a magpie female with a top knot and this drake. Love them! calm and pretty dern quite.
K

Here is a link to our east indies,http://www.infinityheartfarm.com/Blackeastindies.html we got them from Lou Horton, he is one of the best breeders in the country. Ours lay a clutch of eggs, maybe up to 15, then they stop and set, the are more like wild mallards or calls as far as laying. The eggs they do lay are dark grey or purlple, like cayugas. Ours are very loud, we have all of our bantam ducks in pens next to each other and they are some of the loudest, the grey calls are louder, and the white calls are not as loud as the BEI's. Every once in a while, you can get 2 clutches of eggs from them. They are fairly flighty, at fair last year we had one hen fly from one end of the poultry barn to the end of the hog barn, so they can fly.

Edited to add, we had an indie hen that was mated by a call drake last year, it came out looking like a call in type, and it was black with a white bib.

Last edited:
Such pretty ducks!
love.gif

I sure hope I'm allowed to get one when i go to pick up my chicks
fl.gif

Hi,

My name is Cj and new to the forum. I am getting ready to make a duck order and wanted to add Black East Indies and wanted to know how loud they really are. I live in Woolrich where the wool clothes are made. Its a small community and the houses are close. I have Cayugas and Blue Swedish ducks. Are they louder than them?

I have raised Turkeys for 6 years and got 4 ducks last year. I fell in love with them and sold my turkeys to a no-kill farm for the families enjoyment. So now I want to add to my ducks.

Thanks for you input.

Cj
www.cjexoticbirdsupplies.com

Back
Top Bottom