Easter chicks...small rant

Bantam, you could probably get them for free. Most people WANT to find a new home for them, even if it means giving them up for free. It's better to them to loose out on $5 and give away than it is to toss them in a dumpster or in the woods and have that guilt on them. Just post for a few weeks and I'm sure you'll get some freebies that need new homes. I'd do it myself, but, I've already overdone it, lol.

Well I for one would love some Easter chicks and if they were colored I'd love it even more. Not everyone treats their animals badly. We had Easter bunnies and kept them for years and guess what we were good to them.

10 years ago, my grandma bought be 3 baby chicks for Easter... it was the best gift ever given. I still have one of those babies too. It's unfortunate that so many people buy babies and neglect them when they're no longer cute, but a lot of people care for them just as well when they're older. I understand where you're coming from though. Chicks need to come with a huge warning label.

So my next question is.... Since yall know I will raise them right who is gonna send me some chicks for Easter? lol

My BIL bought my son and all the other nieces and nephews. The total 12 chickens. I ended up with all of them once they could fly out of the boxes. This was an Easter gift for them and I was NOT happy! This was about 6 years ago. We kept the chickens for about a year and then we were told we could not keep them due to zoning laws. We had to get rid of them. In one aspect I actually thank him for doing it, otherwise I would not have gotten back into chickens when I could finally have them legally.
Not everyone that buys chicks for Easter are just doing it for fun. Everyone is different. Some people may have actually looked into it before Easter and decided to wait for that particular holiday. I have hatched chicks all winter and I would much rather do it in the Spring which is the season Easter falls in. I would just ask the pertinent questions I always ask before selling my chicks. But I wouldn't judge them just because they want them for Easter. JMOP.

hmm.....A Sunday School teacher at our church wanted to buy a couple to have for Easter morning, but she did ask us first if we would take them afterwards. She knew we already had chickens. Actually it was my first experience with baby chicks--I had bought pullets--and I was hooked!

Erika

Quote:
Clever! I wouldn't say you will buy them back.Just put you will take them no questions asked and give them a nice home.You did give me an idea and I think I'm gonna do the same! Thanks!

Quote:
You really do not need to buy them... Save your money for feed.
Just put in a add that says you will take unwanted chicks.

"Did you get cute chicks for Easter? Did the cuteness fade and the reality set in that you will soon have chickens or ducks? Are you looking for a out? I will take take your unwanted chicks."

Back
Top Bottom