Easter chicks...small rant

I got my first chicks for easter from my husband. I had wanted Chickens and he had said no for over a year. Yes we had a heatlamp in the shed and he got food when he bought them but no brooder or coop at first. We put them in my sunroom with the heatlamp. It was a great surpirse for me and all my first chickens are still here happy and healthy.

i am going to be scouring craigslist for easter chicks. my older chicks are about to go out to the coop so i will have an empty brooder waiting for those sweet aby chicki's that kids are bored with. i am almost excited that ppl dont know better than to give little kids live pets for holidays.
*insert evil little laugh here*

OK maybe I grew up in a different part of the country....but I never heard of Easter Chicks till this year, I seriously dont think I went thru 25 years of lief just missing the Easter Chick trend... is it more common in Cities?

We just had them cause my dad was crazy about building pens for small animals and letting us show them in the fair. We never got allowance once in our lives at home, we had to find the nests in the bushes and sell the eggs.

This is the craziest thing, ppl not knowing that chickens not only LAY eggs, but they come OUT OF THEM too!!!

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
me to!

sorry if this was already mentioned in this thread, but I only read the first and last pages of it....

How about the Easter colored chicks??
That imo is really bad.
They inject a die into the eggs before they hatch. So what if they eventually grown thier white feathers and lose the "easter color". It can't be good for the chickens and just sells more that eventually get forgotten about.
How stupid

Back
Top Bottom