Easter Egg Hunt 😵

ZoomiesMom72

Songster
May 7, 2021
Cordova Alabama
My isa always laid in the nesting boxes .Never in their coop or on the ground.The past 4 days have been odd.I opened my garage door and their lays a egg.Nothing in the nesting box.The next 3 days I'm hunting eggs now in my coop being buried in the bedding????? I will admit 4 things have changed in the past few months.I gave away a rooster because of aggression. I introduced my 8 new pullets to her flock which only consisted of her and her rooster.Her sister passed..We built a new coop .Nothing changed with the nesting box or location.Can anyone suggest what may be going on? I almost forgot her and her sister had quit laying for about 4 weeks that was the 5th thing that changed .

Attachments

• 20211115_104659.jpg
    20211115_104659.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 2
My isa always laid in the nesting boxes .Never in their coop or on the ground.The past 4 days have been odd.I opened my garage door and their lays a egg.Nothing in the nesting box.The next 3 days I'm hunting eggs now in my coop being buried in the bedding????? I will admit 4 things have changed in the past few months.I gave away a rooster because of aggression. I introduced my 8 new pullets to her flock which only consisted of her and her rooster.Her sister passed..We built a new coop .Nothing changed with the nesting box or location.Can anyone suggest what may be going on? I almost forgot her and her sister had quit laying for about 4 weeks that was the 5th thing that changed .
Could the new pullets be laying the eggs you find everywhere?

Maybe your ISA browns have stopped laying and the new pullets just started. That would explain why they do not lay in the nesting boxes. New layers could be off. But that is just a theory for now.

The eggs on the left are my isa
The one on the right I thought silkie oldest silkie but..
It's so big everyone says. I am so super new to all of this and learning .

Attachments

• 20211115_115516.jpg
    20211115_115516.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20211115_115450.jpg
    20211115_115450.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom