Easter Egger Bantam Thread!!!!!

Oh yay! I found someone semi-local willing to trade me my frizzle rooster for an Americauna/aracauna/Easter egger (not sure which) pullet. As much as I hate to part with him, i have one if not two other roosters for my flock of 10.

Just found this thread, so here are my EE bantams: Jade, Opal, and Pearl. They're 8 weeks old, these pictures were taken at 7 weeks. They're part of my first little flock. I also have a Polish and a mottled cochin bantam cockerel who was supposed to be a pullet, lol. I'm in the city so no roosters allowed but I'm going to wait and see what his crow sounds like.
Jade 7 wks.jpg
Opal 7 wks.jpg
Pearl 7 wks.jpg

I traded my white frizzle for this little girl. Loved the white frizzle but I already had a black frizzle rooster and did not want to keep a second one for fear of breeding the two or having two roosters in my small flock (not sure what it is yet).
20181017_230056.jpg

She is about a month or month and a half younger than my flock and about half the size. I am slowly introducing her. Every night she gets to roost with the big girls (10 weeks old) and during the day I put her in a dog kennel inside the chicken run so she can interact with them without getting pecked at.

I traded my white frizzle for this little girl. Loved the white frizzle but I already had a black frizzle rooster and did not want to keep a second one for fear of breeding the two or having two roosters in my small flock (not sure what it is yet). View attachment 1563750

She is about a month or month and a half younger than my flock and about half the size. I am slowly introducing her. Every night she gets to roost with the big girls (10 weeks old) and during the day I put her in a dog kennel inside the chicken run so she can interact with them without getting pecked at.
My daughter has a LF EE that looks like her, very pretty!

I'm I. Ohio and Im looking for EE Bantam pullets or hens. I live in town and can't have a rooster. All the hatcheries only sell straight run chicks
Anyone out there with pullets or hens to sell?

I'm I. Ohio and Im looking for EE Bantam pullets or hens. I live in town and can't have a rooster. All the hatcheries only sell straight run chicks
Anyone out there with pullets or hens to sell?
My Pet Chicken sexes bantams.

It's an old thread, but here we are again!
I ordered a few EE bantams from cackle again this year, and one of the cockerels has interesting coloring, especially his legs. I like slate legs, and plan to keep the two who have that trait, but this guy (almost eleven weeks old) has sort of pearly white legs. What happens with offspring if bred with slate shanked hens? Anyone?
IMG_1459.jpg

Photos of moving targets are difficult! His legs aren't white, or green, or slate, but what?
Mary

Back
Top Bottom