Easter Egger club!

Without a necroscopy, it's guessing at the many possibilities. There are plenty that are individual but if you lose another chicken like this, I'd suggest being prepared to get one done because that's awfully young to just drop.

I'm joining the club! I've got two Easter Eggers that just turned three weeks today (and I'm planning on buying four more pullets next week to bulk up my female to rooster ratio!

I didn't originally like the look of them but now that I have them and am looking at more pics of them here, I adore their smug little cheeky smiles and how some of them look like they have big fake eyelashes on :lol: They're such pretty little ladies!

Laverne (for her beautiful lavender colouring) and Shirley.

956707FD-CB1A-49E7-9B38-1202EC294BCE.jpeg

0979825F-D971-4D53-942B-CCA44A2A61E6.jpeg
5BFEB398-9E11-4F93-811F-7A57A72B4A5E.jpeg

I found this thread and had to say “ Hi”. I want to be part of the club! I just received my chicks yesterday and have two lovely EEs. The hatchery sells them as Ameraucanas but I know they are EEs. I ordered them fully aware of what I was getting because I wanted EEs. The other hatchery I was looking at wouldn’t have them available until mid summer. We haven’t named the girls (fingers crossed) because I want to give everyone a chance to have distinct features. I have 2 Black Australorps, 2 Welsummers, 2 EEs, and 6 Freedom Rangers (meat chickens). My EE girls have the same markings but one is fluffier around the face so I can tell them apart. I haven’t taken any good close up pictures yet as I wanted to give everyone a chance to adjust and not be overstressed. Once they are settled I will share pics. I am excited to see how they will look as they get their feathers in.

I found this thread and had to say “ Hi”. I want to be part of the club! I just received my chicks yesterday and have two lovely EEs. The hatchery sells them as Ameraucanas but I know they are EEs. I ordered them fully aware of what I was getting because I wanted EEs. The other hatchery I was looking at wouldn’t have them available until mid summer. We haven’t named the girls (fingers crossed) because I want to give everyone a chance to have distinct features. I have 2 Black Australorps, 2 Welsummers, 2 EEs, and 6 Freedom Rangers (meat chickens). My EE girls have the same markings but one is fluffier around the face so I can tell them apart. I haven’t taken any good close up pictures yet as I wanted to give everyone a chance to adjust and not be overstressed. Once they are settled I will share pics. I am excited to see how they will look as they get their feathers in.
Even when they look somewhat alike as chicks, they rarely look alike as adults. Are yours chipmunks?

20F96BDC-C523-458E-84A2-A07AB6284E7B.jpeg
4EB13541-C1B4-4F36-A6ED-723533CC8BA6.jpeg
I was able to get a front view pic of my EE. They are not great since I was attempting to do this by myself but you can see how one is fluffier in the face. This may be a silly question but does that indicate she may have a “beard” that others have referred to?

View attachment 1395871 View attachment 1395872
I was able to get a front view pic of my EE. They are not great since I was attempting to do this by myself but you can see how one is fluffier in the face. This may be a silly question but does that indicate she may have a “beard” that others have referred to?
Beard and muffs! The other will probably still have bearding, just less of it. Fully clean-faced happens, too, although it's unusual.

I’m so sad to say that I lost my favorite EE girl Bernadette today. She was fine this morning and even laid a beautiful green egg for me. When I checked on them this afternoon I couldn’t find her so I looked in the coop and she had gone in there and died. I’m suspecting heat stroke :( it got up to 108 today. RIP Bernadette
C6C8E5D7-97C5-4F0B-A4FB-FC8AA88CE156.jpeg

My top Blue has been an amazing rooster for my girls. 100% fertility rate with all my batches so far! I need to get an updated picture of him, his black tailfeathers have really grown in beautifully!
89FB4B2E-24D1-44DF-9665-311A9A02255F.png

And this little girl... Elizabeth. She’s almost a year old and still no egg! I’m very impatient with her! Lol
A06D0AEE-0391-4285-8D10-8F0F67FFA886.jpeg

I have 10 EE chicks under 2 my maths old and about to set 41 more eggs, some including Bernadette’s last. Fingers crossed all hers hatch!

Back
Top Bottom