Easter Egger club!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by EastinChickens, Jun 18, 2010.

1. SlipsWife

SlipsWife Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    Odessa, Texas
    [​IMG] I could probably hatch 50 chicks from her and never get one like her...my husband would not be to happy with that! [​IMG]

2. TommyDaDelaware

TommyDaDelaware Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2012
    Central WI.
    Well, I thought I had Ameraucanas, but turns out they are all Easter eggers. Which
    is alright, I just love having the chickens around!! Mom is looking already for a rooster so we can breed our 2 older girls, and perhaps sell some babies, not sure yet. We got our First green egg on the 27th, but I wasn't home, so I got a phone picture message of it. But from my phone it looks like a nice green color. Can't wait to get to see some of the others when I get home. :) I guess I'll show a few pix of my girls:
    [​IMG] Louise.

[​IMG] Louise again. I just love her coloring!!

[​IMG] Louise.

[​IMG] The blue-ish colored chick is Mariposa, the Chipmunk is Sorrel, and the back of the blue/white head is HareBell (Bell). And the young Polish, daisy that we got too. :)

[​IMG] Bell. (We were told they were Ameraucanas, and when i posted them on the Ameraucana thread I found out different, but I couldn't be any more happy to have EEs just the same!! :D )

[​IMG] Bell. (Short for Harebell) .

[​IMG] Thelma (Blacker) and Louise on the door... They prefer sitting and roosting when the other girls go outside, because they get pecked at.

[​IMG] Thelma and Louise again.
    [​IMG] The last of our little babies, her name is Shy Maiden, (Maiden for short) and she's a brown faced black? We think. LOL. These were taken around the 17th of March, maybe a little sooner, so I got word last night that they are almost feathered out!! :D I'm going home this Friday! I also have 2-4 production EE's, lacking poofy cheeks, but they are VERY antisocial so far. Running away peeping. (Little feathered out babes.). I'm excited to be a part of the EE Community, and looking forward to the pretty shelled eggs, and personality of EEs! [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  3. Gryphon

Gryphon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2012
    Iowa
    Super cute babies!

4. FluffyPuff

FluffyPuff Chillin' With My Peeps

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR AN EE CLUB!!!!! IM SO EXCITED!!!!!:jumpy

5. cabinchicky

cabinchicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2013
    ohio
    yes I too am glad there is a club for these funny n sweet birds. most of my flock is now EE with some other breeds in for my roo to breed I hope.

6. jjlyncfy

jjlyncfy Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2014
    Your baby chick is adorably cute! Congrats on hatching this one. Keep us posted with her pics!

7. PrairieChickens

PrairieChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    Kansas
    If you want an EE roo, scope out the fry pan assortments for EE chicks in there. That's where we got our Gryffindor! :D

8. mrshughes

mrshughes New Egg

Jan 26, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Here is Estelle, one of my six Easter Egger girls! I love EEs....they are so full of personality!
    My other girls are Lily, Henrietta, Dolores, Lizzie, and Lola =)

9. kenzier093

kenzier093 Chillin' With My Peeps

I bought this EE as a pullet. It's comb is getting somewhat more red, but it isn't too big. It has pointed hackle feathers and tail feathers and has dark red feathers on it's wings. What do you all think?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. jerryse

jerryse Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Sparland IL
    I see a pullet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by