Easter Egger club!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by EastinChickens, Jun 18, 2010.

1. kenzier093

kenzier093 Chillin' With My Peeps

Really? I thought it would be a cockerel.

2. Katt66

Katt66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2013
    Barnesville, PA
    Your Thelma and Louise look just like our Rinn and Benct. Rinn started out solid blue with a rusty orange patch on her head. Benct started out a very dark dark cocoa brown marbled color. Now they look alike except Rinn has a good bit less of the copper color and kept the rusty spot on top of her head.

It's so hard to get pictures of them that do their true colors justice. There is so much pattern and color on them. Every time I look at them I see something a little different.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  3. Jayzandra

Jayzandra Chillin' With My Peeps

Here's our only hatchery EE this year. I love her/his color. Hatched on St Patty's Day
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    And one of the ones we hatched from an EE over SLW. Hatched on March 19th.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. nab58

nab58 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2013
    CT
    Very pretty!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  5. cabinchicky

cabinchicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2013
    ohio
    cute!

6. CGinJCMO

CGinJCMO Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2012
    Cole County Missouri
    I chose puffy cheeks, and more colored legs, but that's not what will tell me that when they grow up what shade of blue/green (or even neither color) egg they will give me. I know that I want variety so I've chosen white-ish chicks, creamy/gray-ish chicks, dark and light black chicks, and brown chicks. Even when they look alike with their down colors, they have looked different as adults.
    Here's my current assortment: approximately 2 weeks old

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Quote:
    [​IMG]

Nothing is saying COCKEREL to me yet. I'd still wait and see, but so far I'm leaning pullet.

CG

1 person likes this.
  7. H Diamond

H Diamond Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2014
    So the EE's I got from McMurray are 8 weeks old as of yesterday. I just realized the other day that I have a clean faced one. She doesn't have a fuzzy face! She's really pretty, but I was just surprised as the rest of them do.

8. cluckcluck3499

cluckcluck3499 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2012
    Tennessee
    [​IMG] Echo
    [​IMG] Titus
    These 2 looked almost exactly alike as chicks and at 6 weeks they are so different I love it!

9. kenzier093

kenzier093 Chillin' With My Peeps

They look really pretty! Can you get a side shot pic of Titus? His colors that he has look beautiful!

10. cluckcluck3499

cluckcluck3499 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2012
    Tennessee
    [​IMG] thanks! And he is the prettiest EE I've seen in a while.. As much as I don't want to he might have to be rehomed.. :(

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by