Easter Egger club!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by EastinChickens, Jun 18, 2010.

1. SlipsWife

SlipsWife Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    Odessa, Texas
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm trying to decide if I should hold onto this one or not...I'm leaning towards cockerel, which means I do not want to hold onto him...what do you think? A little over a month, from Cackle.

2. kenzier093

kenzier093 Chillin' With My Peeps

I would say pullet.

3. cluckcluck3499

cluckcluck3499 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2012
    Tennessee
    X2

4. WildWestChick

WildWestChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2014
    Southwestern Utah
    I would also say pullet...I've had EE hens that had way bigger and redder combs than that. :)

5. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

My bantam EE is staying very white so far. He/she is a sweet little chick.
    [​IMG]

6. WildWestChick

WildWestChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2014
    Southwestern Utah
    Awe lol look at that fluffy lil face! Ooh and it looks like there is a little bit of cream on those new feathers too...it's gonna be a pretty one! :love

7. SlipsWife

Mar 10, 2013
    Odessa, Texas

Thank you! Now that we've got that figured out, I think I sold her today...I was going to pull her out of the grow out pen and forgot. Well, someone came to look at the group we have, an assortment of different breeds/sizes, and I think the last chick he picked up was her. I over sold our last group of EE by accident, I'm concerned that my favorite pullet might not be a pullet and now the replacement for the maybe pullet might have left today...

I really have got to start marking my favorites! There's no reason I can't pick up a package of zip ties and just tell people if it has a tie, its not for sale. Of course, they would probably all have ties...

[​IMG] Everything goes well with the eggs we have set in the incubator and then it won't matter...I will double check for her tomorrow.

8. SlipsWife

Mar 10, 2013
    Odessa, Texas
    Super cute! I was hoping for a white or cream colored EE this year. The only light colored one is a cockerel with a lot of red, he's super sweet though. The other one is feathering exactly like a red sex link.

9. kabhyper1

kabhyper1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Lets hope the cream stays girly and doesnt turn into red shoulders! Lol she is 3 weeks and a half weeks old.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2014
  10. SlipsWife

Mar 10, 2013
    Odessa, Texas
    I think you're safe. I just went back and looked at pictures to see when our guy started turning red and at 5ish weeks it was more than obvious. He was showing red before the 5 weeks, I just don't have a picture to see how red. We did know he was a cockerel from the start though...so we kind of cheated. [​IMG] He was a packing peanut from Ideal.

He's the yellow chick, at 10 days old
    [​IMG]
    Then 4 weeks later
    [​IMG]

I can't get over looking at their chick pics how different they look. We have 2 that are redish/brown that look almost exactly alike, 2 black/white that also look very similar and then this guy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by