Easter Egger club!

Why can't you have birds outside until December? Makes no sense. Unless you have them illegally. In which case, also makes no sense.
gig.gif
no I don't have a phone or a camera and i will be getting a new phone for Christmas my old one broke and i live in the country so i can have as many chickens as i want

Why can't you have birds outside until December? Makes no sense. Unless you have them illegally. In which case, also makes no sense.
gig.gif
no I don't have a phone or a camera and i will be getting a new phone for Christmas my old one broke and i live in the country so i can have as many chickens as i want

@summerb123 did you take the pictures on a computer camera? If you did then that explains why you can't get better pictures right now.

I just realized I've been busy and it's been a while since I've updated. Most of the girls are outside the only ones inside are currently Blue, Cocoa, Scully, Zinfandel, Renegade, Honey, Nimue, and Bard. Scully and Nimue are a little small to put out almost there but the other girls are in the coop separated of course with slow intro and it's going well. We also got two more family members both D'uccle Mixes one is named Catalina and the other Gallina who are wonderful.

Gallina is the front curious chick and Catalina has all the speckles in the back they are sisters

Midnight thinking she's sneaky

Feeding frenzy

Chekov and all her beauty

All the girls and boys are growing so much every day and developing so much personality. Jon hasn't crowed outside though I hope as he owns his space he gets confidant again he Sir Jamie, Delta, and Charlie get along well and all of them are curious about the new comers even though they've seen them it's just been a while.

Help! I finally observed this happening, start to finish:

My EE holds out her head while my barred rock is preening, then the BR turns to her and picks out her beard and muff feathers! The EE rotates her head almost as if to give the BR easier access! The parts that are fully picked out are red because the BR nibbles at the exposed skin as well.

What?!

Then they both go back to preening.

Is my EE seriously allowing this? Is she lacking confidence? Oh, I don't have beautiful red wattles like you, dear BR, please help remove this heinous face fluff so I may be more like you!

The poor thing! Not what I imagined feather picking would be like. I thought it'd be aggressive. This is like psychological warfare instead.

Should I get spectacles for the BR? Put pick no more on what's left of the EE's face? Ideas?

:(

Help! I finally observed this happening, start to finish:

My EE holds out her head while my barred rock is preening, then the BR turns to her and picks out her beard and muff feathers! The EE rotates her head almost as if to give the BR easier access! The parts that are fully picked out are red because the BR nibbles at the exposed skin as well.

What?!

Then they both go back to preening.

Is my EE seriously allowing this? Is she lacking confidence? Oh, I don't have beautiful red wattles like you, dear BR, please help remove this heinous face fluff so I may be more like you!

The poor thing! Not what I imagined feather picking would be like. I thought it'd be aggressive. This is like psychological warfare instead.

Should I get spectacles for the BR? Put pick no more on what's left of the EE's face? Ideas?

sad.png
What are you feeding?

Back
Top Bottom