Easter Egger club!

Good morning all! My EE Casey is getting much bigger! Hoping for a pullet! Here she is at 2 weeks

3(ish) weeks

and this is from Sunday! She's my shy girl so this is the best pic I could get of her so far, haha. I wanted a white or white splash but I love her eagle-y look!

I've 2 more chicks that are now 3 weeks old, I'll get some pics later today when I get home, still hoping for at least one with at least some white
fl.gif
lol

Ok I Originally Posted by twinsmom6
I was just told these are easter eggers.. but those cheek feathers? what do you think

It looks like a pretty typical EE chick to me.
Beards and Cheek tufts are commonly found on EEs, as many are bred from Ameraucanas and/or Arucanas, both breeds having them. Many of mine have them, some quite prominently so (see above).

Here are some updated pics of my 2 EEs.

Dorothy who is now 3 weeks old.... her feathering is very pretty, she is more grey toned.... kinda a greige between the black barring. (There did I sound like I know what I am talking about, haha)

And little Sophia, who is 2 weeks old. She is the most dominant of all 6 of my chicks... even taking on Dorothy who is easily twice her size. Alpha chickie 100%.

Here she was mid-cheep as she was VERY unhappy that I had removed her from her brooder. She has a lot to say all the time. But if she chooses to come to me, then she is content, but if I pick her up, well, I am going to get an earful.

Hi I just got a chipmunk patterned EE chick today. seems to fit right in with my 3 silkie chicks and 1 barred rock. Her (I assume because she has very thick "eyeliner") name is Tweety. Will post pics as she grows and changes :)

Some of you might remember (probably not) that I had a game X duccle hen go broody last winter and hatch out some surprise chicks. They were fathered by a LF EE rooster. I ended up getting three pullets out of that batch. A white one, a black and gold one, and a black and white one. They all take after their mother and are bantams. I was hoping they would be EE bantams, and inherit the blue egg gene from their father. Well this month they started laying and they are confirmed EE's -- all three lay little blue eggs!

Some of you might remember (probably not) that I had a game X duccle hen go broody last winter and hatch out some surprise chicks. They were fathered by a LF EE rooster. I ended up getting three pullets out of that batch. A white one, a black and gold one, and a black and white one. They all take after their mother and are bantams. I was hoping they would be EE bantams, and inherit the blue egg gene from their father. Well this month they started laying and they are confirmed EE's -- all three lay little blue eggs!
Wonderful

Must post little blue egg pics!

Here are some updated pics of my 2 EEs. Dorothy who is now 3 weeks old.... her feathering is very pretty, she is more grey toned.... kinda a greige between the black barring. (There did I sound like I know what I am talking about, haha) And little Sophia, who is 2 weeks old. She is the most dominant of all 6 of my chicks... even taking on Dorothy who is easily twice her size. Alpha chickie 100%. Here she was mid-cheep as she was VERY unhappy that I had removed her from her brooder. She has a lot to say all the time. But if she chooses to come to me, then she is content, but if I pick her up, well, I am going to get an earful.
they just keep getting more and more beautiful!! Love seeing them!!

Back
Top Bottom