Easter Egger club!

my girls just started laying beautiful green and blue eggs! but i have one question.... how do i stop egg eating because sometimes they tend to lay eggs at nigh and go out to the coop let them out and there is a yoke in the coop. any answers on how to stop egg eating?

Could just be habit at this point, might have started out of boredom. Barred Rocks do tend to get bored when kept confined.

They have free roam of an acre with several places they frequent during their day. But yeah, it might have started as actual grooming but morphed. They each do the same beard preening to the other EEE but that one has a fluffy, clean beard. The EE with the issue has always had a dirty, sticky beard. She must be getting into fruit or something.

Regardless, the behavior needs to be interrupted. We were thinking of washing her face really well and putting something bitter over the affected area?

There was a new egg color in the nesting box today. I'm hoping against hope it's Braveheart's and she just forgot to 'paint' it, because it was white (actually a light cream).

7 Easter egger chicks and all I get is one light bluish green egg layer? :barnie :hit

P.S. What happened to the rich text editor? I'm getting a 'not compatible wit your browser' message on both Chrome and Opera.

Last edited:
There was a new egg color in the nesting box today. I'm hoping against hope it's Braveheart's and she just forgot to 'paint' it, because it was white (actually a light cream).

7 Easter egger chicks and all I get is one light bluish green egg layer? :barnie :hit

P.S. What happened to the rich text editor? I'm getting a 'not compatible wit your browser' message on both Chrome and Opera.
My only EE laid a pretty blue her first day, light green second day and light brown from then on.
1f629.png
I wanted them to stay blue

Back
Top Bottom