Easter Egger club!

Here are my eggs from yesterday. 11 of my 33 hens laid...I think around 15-17 or so of my hens are laying and the rest are still being stubborn. (Just hatched this last spring). I seem to get a new one every few days now. I have Ameracucana, olive eggers, Easter eggers, copper marans, welsummer, Delaware, rhoad island red, susex, Dominique's and silkies.
Nice egg collection!

Yes, that's how my run is, 4" x 2" welded wire netting stretched flat across (kind of hard to see in the photo). I also have a tarp laying across part of it that not only provides shade, but also collects rainwater for the chickens.
Clever idea for double door entry to prevent chicken mobbing or escaping!

Quote: I never thought of that. I had made it that way so that in case one of the hens ever decided to get broody and raise some chicks I could screen off either of the "wings" of the coop creating a seperate brooding area (there is a nesting box at the opposite end of each one).

The rest of the chickens would then still have the other chicken door to enter and leave the coop.

Yes, that's how my run is, 4" x 2" welded wire netting stretched flat across (kind of hard to see in the photo). I also have a tarp laying across part of it that not only provides shade, but also collects rainwater for the chickens.
Thank you. I really like how did things, I really want to collect rain water and your idea is great!

Quote: oops, my bad. I thought you were talking about the two chicken access doorways on the coop. Yeah, I came up with the double door vestibule after coming back from my cros country ride to find all my chickens had escaped and either lost or killed by the dogs. That's also when I started using a welded wire roof rather than just stretching a tarp over the run (It used to be just 10' x 10'). Tarps can sun rot, wire cannot. Also it's more preditor resistant.

Can anyone please tell me what color my easter egger is?? Her feathers have a weird blue silver tent to them!!
She is a beautiful blue EE which can be sought after by people who love blue chickens like myself. I have a blue EE similar to yours
Her name is Freya and such a lovely bird I also have a mix breed blue splash bantam roo and a red bluelaced Wyandotte mix hen Our splash roo Deadshot
And Kal-El our Wyandotte mix
I do have 49 chickens blue is my favorite color but I love my managerie of chickens

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom