Are these Easter Eggers or..?

BeaLee

In the Brooder
Apr 14, 2024
Hi! New chicken mom here, we picked up 4 pullets from tsc that were labeled as Easter eggers. Now that I’ve looked more things up it seems like most EE chicks look different than mine, I know they vary in colors etc but all of mine are whitish yellow with yellow legs. Could they still be EE or likely something else? I love them either way but I’m curious!

Attachments

• IMG_7014.jpeg
    IMG_7014.jpeg
    331.7 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_7009.jpeg
    IMG_7009.jpeg
    395.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_7004.jpeg
    IMG_7004.jpeg
    486.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6997.jpeg
    IMG_6997.jpeg
    441.3 KB · Views: 12
They didn’t! These were actually their only bin of chicks at the time, they had two other bins but they were turkeys and ducks lol
I see, I'll stick with my guess.
The only other breed I *think* it could be would be a cornish cross. Which, is a meat breed.

The only other breed I *think* it could be would be a cornish cross. Which, is a meat breed.
I definitely hope they aren’t that! They do look like the leghorn pictures, the only other thing is that 3 of them have dark spots on their back and heads that you can’t see in the pictures that have gotten darker over the week we’ve had them. Maybe I’ll have to give it a couple weeks and post back lol

Or White Rock, which is dual purpose. They've got yellow down, white feathers, single comb, yellow feet-- all the same things a White Leghorn or a Cornish Cross would have at that age.

They do look like the leghorn pictures, the only other thing is that 3 of them have dark spots on their back and heads that you can’t see in the pictures that have gotten darker over the week we’ve had them.
They could be California Whites. Those are basically a Leghorn-mix, white with some black spots, good layers of white eggs.

https://www.hoovershatchery.com/CaliforniaWhite.html

I’m curious how these turn out!
I’ll have to update in a few weeks what they’re looking like! So far they’ve got white wing feathers coming in, one has some black spots on her wings and a couple others are getting more black dots on their bodies and heads so still no idea what they are lol

Back
Top Bottom