Easter Egger club!

I have a Snowy Easter Egger, she is about 12 weeks old. Shes not that friendly. Whenever I pick her up she makes noises like i'm trying to hurt her. Any suggestions on how to make her feel more comfortable? My RIR rooster that's the same age is super friendly compared to her. all of my other hens are really friendly and don't mind being held or pet. Maybe its "just her". Their all very spoiled and well taken care of. I've had her since she was a few days old and I've always made sure to give each of them attention and hold them so that their used to me.
hmm.png
what should I do?

I have a Snowy Easter Egger, she is about 12 weeks old. Shes not that friendly. Whenever I pick her up she makes noises like i'm trying to hurt her. Any suggestions on how to make her feel more comfortable? My RIR rooster that's the same age is super friendly compared to her. all of my other hens are really friendly and don't mind being held or pet. Maybe its "just her". Their all very spoiled and well taken care of. I've had her since she was a few days old and I've always made sure to give each of them attention and hold them so that their used to me.
hmm.png
what should I do?

Easter Eggers (and pure Ameraucanas) are cautious alert wary by nature. They settle down a bit after lay but be patient. Ours didn't want to be touched but once we had her in our arms she would purr when we pet her. Just be sure to pick up pullets/hens by the "judge's hold" so as not to press on their reproductive sides. Our Blue Wheaten Ameraucana was a sweet flockmate to the docile breeds. We lost her at 3 yrs old to heat-related compromise. She would eat out of our hand but was wary about being touched. We had to lure her into the kitchen with treats and then get hold of her for health inspection checks or tush washing. Once we held her she was fine but didn't want to be caught. If EEs are handled a lot they come running for treats and will let you stroke their chest. Holding the bird means using a lot of treats to reward her.

Can't wait until my eggs gatch and they start laying about what age do they start laying both large and bantam ?
Mine, both batches (April and August), started laying from around 23-25 weeks. I finally got an almost full batch of eggs just today, 9/10.

The seven eggs on the right are from my EEs, the two on the left are from my Cuckoo Marans and my Production Red.

love.gif
I love Easter Eggers!
clap.gif

Last edited:
Mine, both batches (April and August), started laying from around 23-25 weeks. I finally got an almost full batch of eggs just today, 9/10. The seven eggs on the right are from my EEs, the two on the left are from my Cuckoo Marans and my Production Red.
Thanks for the info I'll be excited to see the first eggs from this easters hatch for sure!! I'll scare the neibours for sure they will be so used to brown eggs by then lol

I have a beautiful ester egger x barred rock rooster. A little cute chick. And a broody hen sitting on five eggs. The eggs are the rooster x with bovan hens.

This is my rooster" Angelo"

This is " Betsy"

This is my broody mama"snow"

Last edited:
I have a beautiful ester egger x barred rock rooster. A little cute chick. And a broody hen sitting on five eggs. The eggs are the rooster x with bovan hens.

This is my rooster" Angelo"

This is " Betsy"

This is my broody mama"snow"
That rooster has no Barred Rock in him, and I'm not seeing any indicators that he might have Easter Egger in him either...

He has the barred rock pattern under his wings, I am hatching out some of his chicks so I should see if they have any ester egger in them

Back
Top Bottom