Easter Egger club!

I am new to chickens, have wanted them for years and just got a coop and 6 EE chick's for mothers day! Sadly 1 of my chick's didn't make it. I had to replace it as the grandkids helped pick them out and know the number and colors. When I replaced the yellow chicken I ended up with a leghorn. The grandkids can't tell and I wasn't ready to explain it to the just turned 5 year old. All my girls (fingers crossed ) are growing fast. They look happy. The EES are about 4 weeks and the leghorn about a week behind. This is about 10 days ago.
20170520_192948.jpg

This is my EE Dizzy Dolly lol she's kind of a bird brain who likes to think she's at the top of the pecking order (she's not really but don't tell her lol) Love her and can't wait for my first egg! I have 6 hens and 6 breeds so I'll know for sure when she lays me one, the rest are all brown eggs!
Um, sorry to burst your bubble, but being an Easter Egger does not guarantee she'll lay a green or blue egg. Of my 7 EE's I get one medium green egg, two light green eggs, one light blue egg, one very light blue (almost white) egg, one yellow/gold and one pink.

:bun That's why their called Easter Eggers; you never know what color egg your going to get until you find it!

Um, sorry to burst your bubble, but being an Easter Egger does not guarantee she'll lay a green or blue egg. Of my 7 EE's I get one medium green egg, two light green eggs, one light blue egg, one very light blue (almost white) egg, one yellow/gold and one pink.

:bun That's why their called Easter Eggers; you never know what color egg your going to get until you find it!
my 3yr old picked and named her and he's not a big fan of eggs, thought he'd be excited to eat the ones she laid "specially" for him lol, so as long as I can tell which are hers I'm golden. Thanks for the heads up though will be exciting to find out.

Posting new pictures as the others were not great, 10-11 weeks old now, gender identification would be great, PS there are 2 different white ones, 1 has fuzzy cheeks, the other does not (posted face shots of each white and side shots of each white as well

Thanks

Any guesses, thank you

I had four EE cockerels and decided to keep this one. He's a real cutie that was sold to me as a sexed pullet. He's kind of a wuss but my late Japanese bantam rooster was like that too and turned out to be one of the best boys you could as for so I have high hopes for him. I hope he does not get too much red on him because I really like his looks. The first pic is a few weeks old and the second was yesterday.

P1050890.JPG
P1050980.JPG

Hello! I thought I'd just pop my head in- I have a 7 week old EE who is the sweetest thing. Her name is Ivy [Vee-Vee affectionately]

Attachments

• IMG_4968.JPG
    IMG_4968.JPG
    407.6 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom